Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • [Request] indepth guide on deobfuscating the OSRS client?

Before

Okay so

Step 1. Learn bytecode

Step 1a. Learn ASM

Step 2. Learn the basic concept of what obfuscation actually is

Step 3. Write a program that will take the jar and check for any unused methods in the gamepack

Step 4. Remove those unused methods, rewrite the jar.

Step 5. Repeat with other types of things you notice could be changed (arithmetic order, removing excess try/catch blocks, removing unused variables)

Step 6. In this program, rewrite any *known variable names* to readable names.

If you know a.ct is actually Player.level

Chance the class a (and all of its references) to class Player
    That's pretty much most of what you need for a general deobfuscator. (written more specifically with RS in mind)

Decompile using some java decompiler or another, put itin a project, fix any compilation errors, start renaming things.

• 2 years later...

On 8/24/2016 at 3:11 AM, Nuclear Nezz said:

Okay so

Step 1. Learn bytecode

Step 1a. Learn ASM

Step 2. Learn the basic concept of what obfuscation actually is

Step 3. Write a program that will take the jar and check for any unused methods in the gamepack

Step 4. Remove those unused methods, rewrite the jar.

Step 5. Repeat with other types of things you notice could be changed (arithmetic order, removing excess try/catch blocks, removing unused variables)

Step 6. In this program, rewrite any *known variable names* to readable names.

If you know a.ct is actually Player.level

Chance the class a (and all of its references) to class Player
    That's pretty much most of what you need for a general deobfuscator. (written more specifically with RS in mind)

Decompile using some java decompiler or another, put itin a project, fix any compilation errors, start renaming things.

In your steps you mention the jarfile. I assume, this is for the osrs vanilla client. but there are a handful of jar files in the osrs vanilla launcher files. Which one is it?

I want to make my own vanilla client as a summer project, for educational purposes. If I manage to do it in a short time I'll add on to it.  Does deobfuscating the vanilla client allows me to do pretty much anything popular clients like runelite can do? Like, drawing the screen and showing the game to the client user for starters.

Thanks.

Archived