Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Scripting Tutorial [In-Depth] [No prior knowledge needed] WHERE TO GET STARTED! By Apaec

Apaec

First off, your class isn't capitalized, made me cry that you're trying to make a tutorial without doing even that. :facepalm:

Javasaber duel pls.

First off, your class isn't capitalized, made me cry that you're trying to make a tutorial without doing even that. :facepalm:

I get mixed with class any pack4ge names

Coolio  ;)

You should (probably always) use the "automatic" color.

82dfb4ebb4fb16dc4c7ced76f07eed9a.png

PS: class names should start with a capital letter.

nub

U said first off, wats next. Also wrote this tut on u kn0 wh3r3 a while back. 

I get mixed with class any pack4ge names

nub

U said first off, wats next. Also wrote this tut on u kn0 wh3r3 a while back. 

Well my second point was really long and critical so I removed it. :( I just don't like the fact you posted code and explained it to them. I think Java tutorials should be done separately as a pre-requisite from scripting always.

Well my second point was really long and critical so I removed it. :( I just don't like the fact you posted code and explained it to them. I think Java tutorials should be done separately as a pre-requisite from scripting always.

Fair enough but I suppose the idea of learning java is quite scary, I kinda wanted to give the impression that all you needed was a couple of checks in a state machine and that really to start off with the java you need to know is very minimal

Fair enough but I suppose the idea of learning java is quite scary, I kinda wanted to give the impression that all you needed was a couple of checks in a state machine and that really to start off with the java you need to know is very minimal

I guess if you put it that way it makes sense, but the way you presented the tutorial wasn't the best. A small overview would've helped as well rather than posting the code right off the bat. :/

Pls remove that you don't need any prereqs for scripting.

Knowledge of programming basics in general is a must.

Java is also pretty important, as they have to know how to initialize variables, use if/else correctly, etc.

If you don't know Java, your scripts are going to be really poor. I'd rather not have a repeat of OSBot where a premium scripter asks "y duz b alwayz get called in dis code
    if(something){do a;} do b;"

I'm all for new people learning how to script, but please explain to them that they need to learn Java first. If you learn Java through scripting, chances are your conventions and style of programming will get fukt.

I like your tutorial though. :')

Pls remove that you don't need any prereqs for scripting.

Knowledge of programming basics in general is a must.

Java is also pretty important, as they have to know how to initialize variables, use if/else correctly, etc.

If you don't know Java, your scripts are going to be really poor. I'd rather not have a repeat of OSBot where a premium scripter asks "y duz b alwayz get called in dis code

if(something){do a;} do b;"

I'm all for new people learning how to script, but please explain to them that they need to learn Java first. If you learn Java through scripting, chances are your conventions and style of programming will get fukt.

I like your tutorial though. :')

I think a tutorial without programming/java prereqs is great because of its unintimidating and fun approach.

I only started studying programming on a theoretical level months after my first script was released, needless to say that I probably wouldn't have if it weren't for OSBot's approach (yes it had some flaws, but it was encouraging/rewarding). 

I consulted noob scripts for months on OSB, some of the scripters didn't now what arrays or collections are, heck some of them didn't even know the difference between integers and doubles, but they learned those concepts via scripting instead of  a boring java site because scripting can be an amazingly fun an satisfying (because it yields immediate tangible results) gateway to learning.