Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Scripting Tutorial [In-Depth] [No prior knowledge needed] WHERE TO GET STARTED! By Apaec

Apaec

Pls remove that you don't need any prereqs for scripting.

Knowledge of programming basics in general is a must.

Java is also pretty important, as they have to know how to initialize variables, use if/else correctly, etc.

If you don't know Java, your scripts are going to be really poor. I'd rather not have a repeat of OSBot where a premium scripter asks "y duz b alwayz get called in dis code

if(something){do a;} do b;"

I'm all for new people learning how to script, but please explain to them that they need to learn Java first. If you learn Java through scripting, chances are your conventions and style of programming will get fukt.

I like your tutorial though. :')

people on botting sites learn java FROM scripting, their motivination is to script so saying 'they need to learn Java first.' is not right

I mean learning java from scripting is probably a good way to go, as it's quite enjoyable and you actually see a visual result which boosts your confidence. Once you've built a basic platform you can start to expand your knowledge (such as after just using a state machine, understanding how it works).

• 1 month later...
    • 1 month later...

I just started reading this and i only have the launcher jar how to i get the others?

client.jar is located in the auto-generated folders after opening DreamBot Launcher.

On Windows: C:/Users/NAME/Documents/DreamBot/BotData/client.jar

On Mac OS X: Macintosh HD â–¸ Users â–¸ NAME â–¸ DreamBot â–¸ BotData â–¸ client.jar

Hope this helped!  :)  

• 3 weeks later...
    • 4 months later...

Can't find client.jar so I don't know what you mean with "DREAMBOT SCRIPTS DIRECTORY!"

client jar is at: C:\Users\Name\DreamBot\BotData\Client.jar

dreambot script directory refers to: C:\Users\name\DreamBot\Scripts

client jar is at: C:\Users\Name\DreamBot\BotData\Client.jar

dreambot script directory refers to: C:\Users\name\DreamBot\Scripts

tyvm, so weird I could find it manually.

I had to type in the C:\ myself

I gues it will be a long journey until i'm a decent scripter ;p

tyvm, so weird I could find it manually.

I had to type in the C:\ myself

I gues it will be a long journey until i'm a decent scripter ;p

no problem everyone started somewhere. I just wish everyone helped me when i started out.

More experinced scripters @ Dreambot are amazing though and will help you out no end. & @Pandemic im talkin bout you guys.