Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Covert mode

Neffarion

I have seen many people talk about covert mode as it is some kind of magic code that will bring upon your account a ban shield, however no-one ever explains what it really is or does.

The fact that you need VIP (aka pay) for covert mode even raises more questions. Why would you pay for something you don't even know what it does?

edit: typos

Edited by neffarion

I have seen many people talk about covert mode as it is some kind of magic code that will bring upon your account a ban shield, however no-one ever explains what it really is or does.

The fact that you need VIP (aka pay) for covert mode even raises more questions. Why would you pay for something you don't even know what it does?

It alters the way the client interacts with the game, I can't be any more specific than that.

We added the mode to VIP to keep it less known from RS (many less VIPs than regular users).

The reason why we do not reveal what is does is simple: to keep JaGeX from patching it.

Covert does not give you a ban shield, but it does decrease your chance of getting a ban.

Using a lesser known client can reduce banrates -- I strongly believe that Jagex categorizes people into clients and flags then bans them all knowing they're all using the same bot client. Dreambot tries their best to avoid these cluster bans by making each account uniquely interact as a bot but it also doesn't help with thousands of users using it anyways. Covert mode is not only a better interacting system, but a lesser used one too and helps reduce banrates even further.

Just to confirm, people have botted 80 hrs + straight with Covert. I don't know if it's as good as it was though.

Edited by Before

Does the covert mode still work as it did before? i mean can i run a bot for like 10h straight and not get banned?

And if im using covert mode does it matter if the script im using is "bad" i mean if it doesn't have some kind of "anti ban" 

Edited by oskarb53

Does the covert mode still work as it did before? i mean can i run a bot for like 10h straight and not get banned?

And if im using covert mode does it matter if the script im using is "bad" i mean if it doesn't have some kind of "anti ban"

It increases protection. Unfortunately the old version that pretty much guaranteed protection was patched but the new one works to a slightly lesser degree. So you still want to bot smart .