Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Qeustion on cpu ~ bots

Prison Break

hello howmany bots can a Intel Core i7 (4 x 2.66 GHz) handle? (no tabs, all seperate client - 256MB each)

or i can go with Intel Core i7 (6 x 3,20 GHz) (slightly more expensive, howmany bots?)

first server has 12 GB

second server has 24GB

as for operating system, it will be centos (linux)

if anyone knows a rough estimate on howmany bots would be possible to run please tell me

thanks

Also keep your RAM in mind. CPU and RAM work together, most people forget this.

So first take a look at your RAM. A windows system 64 bit running stationary (so just desktop view and doing nothing) will take about 0 CPU usage. Thats logical since your CPU doesn't have to process anything really. BUT your RAM is always caching memory. In example i have 8GB of RAM, and stationary about 4GB is cached and 1GB is available (the rest of the memory is allocated for actually running the computer i thought). Talking in percentages: 3% CPU (depending on your capacity) and 37% RAM (GPU) usage for me. You can check these stats yourself by going into your task manager and then checking the tab performance and also look at the bottom of the window where the percentages are shown).

With that in mind you can calculate how much CPU and RAM you have left for the rest. In my case it'll be about let's say 55-60%. You don't want to run your RAM on 100% because eventually that'll crash your pc. CPU is something you don't have to worry about at the moment i think (i could be wrong). Let's say i have 5GB of ram left to work with, that'll be 5000MB devided by 256MB = 19 bots (rounded), and based on RAM usage.

Now in theory you can run 19 bots. Practically i don't think my computer could handle 19 bots, because theres always other things asking for memory based on events. Also a heavy/bad programmed script will reduce your available RAM.

Now don't shoot me if i'm (completely) wrong. I know ALOT about computers, but never actually worked with calculating RAM/CPU usage before.

If i made mistakes or if i am wrong, please correct me :)

Also keep your RAM in mind. CPU and RAM work together, most people forget this.

So first take a look at your RAM. A windows system 64 bit running stationary (so just desktop view and doing nothing) will take about 0 CPU usage. Thats logical since your CPU doesn't have to process anything really. BUT your RAM is always caching memory. In example i have 8GB of RAM, and stationary about 4GB is cached and 1GB is available (the rest of the memory is allocated for actually running the computer i thought). Talking in percentages: 3% CPU (depending on your capacity) and 37% RAM (GPU) usage for me. You can check these stats yourself by going into your task manager and then checking the tab performance and also look at the bottom of the window where the percentages are shown).

With that in mind you can calculate how much CPU and RAM you have left for the rest. In my case it'll be about let's say 55-60%. You don't want to run your RAM on 100% because eventually that'll crash your pc. CPU is something you don't have to worry about at the moment i think (i could be wrong). Let's say i have 5GB of ram left to work with, that'll be 5000MB devided by 256MB = 19 bots (rounded), and based on RAM usage.

Now in theory you can run 19 bots. Practically i don't think my computer could handle 19 bots, because theres always other things asking for memory based on events. Also a heavy/bad programmed script will reduce your available RAM.

Now don't shoot me if i'm (completely) wrong. I know ALOT about computers, but never actually worked with calculating RAM/CPU usage before.

If i made mistakes or if i am wrong, please correct me :)

thanks for the reply

i'm more worried about the cpu than ram thought

the first server has 12GB

second server has 24GB

thanks for the reply

i'm more worried about the cpu than ram thought

the first server has 12GB

second server has 24GB

Ahh you're not doing it on a regular computer.

Then, i don't have a clue..

Archived