Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Tutorial island issues..

TechTaco

Ok I don't know what it is, but everything on tutorial island is giving me a null exception, widgets, areas, my local player, you name it.

Could someone do me a big favor and make a brand new account, and try to get some of the widgets when you are selecting your character's style and see if they work for you? And also make a tiny area, stand it it, and check to see if Area.contains(getLocalPlayer()) is working for you. This stuff usually works for me, but it is annoying as hell in tutorial island. Been at it for hours.

Thank you,

Tyler.

Tutorial island is difficult to make scripts for that reason. They do everything in their power to make it hard :P You shouldn't need many Widgets though.

I am trying to use areas and such because I want it so they can start it at any point on tutorial island. I am afraid to get to game objects already because of the problems I am already having, but do you recommend any efficient methods to approach what I want to do, or is it a long shot for the time it'd take based on how hard they have made it?

I am trying to use areas and such because I want it so they can start it at any point on tutorial island. I am afraid to get to game objects already because of the problems I am already having, but do you recommend any efficient methods to approach what I want to do, or is it a long shot for the time it'd take based on how hard they have made it?

I wouldn't suggest it as a first script if that's what you are asking :D

I wouldn't suggest it as a first script if that's what you are asking :D

Well it would be implemented in the premium script I am in the middle of right now. But not only that, since they are doing everything to make it so hard is it worth it for anyone to make a tutorial island script that will most likely have to be updated a lot?

Well it would be implemented in the premium script I am in the middle of right now. But not only that, since they are doing everything to make it so hard is it worth it for anyone to make a tutorial island script that will most likely have to be updated a lot?

There are two on the site currently. But I'm not sure how much work they went through to get them to work :P

There are two on the site currently. But I'm not sure how much work they went through to get them to work :P

Ok thank you for the help!

You shouldnt be needing to use areas at all. You need to rely on the PlayerSettings for tutorial island

Setting 281 specifically

You shouldnt be needing to use areas at all. You need to rely on the PlayerSettings for tutorial island

Setting 281 specifically

This was REALLY helpful, thank you a lot. I didn't even know this was in the API haha.

This was REALLY helpful, thank you a lot. I didn't even know this was in the API haha.

I did, for a long time, but i have no idea how playersettings work lol. Still looking for a tut on it :(

Anyway my first script was tut island. it ran well for a few months though :)

Archived