Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Script Beta Testing

Rootix

Hello,

I have several (relatively) small scripts that I have developed and tested for 20-40 hours. However, before I ask others to trust my scripts to perform adequately I was hoping to publish them unofficially for an open beta testing prior to release on the SDN. I have been looking on the forums to see what the protocol for doing this is, but have yet to find any definitive answers. 

The specific scripts that I was currently looking at doing this far are:

A chocolate crusher with some anti-ban actions, with timings based off of roughly 5 hours of manual testing. (I don't want to clog up the SDN as it already possesses 2 other chocolate crushers, even though they don't have any real antiban actions.) 

A work-in-progress script for completing the Al-Kharid quest (To unlock the paygate.) (Not quite finished and ready for testing yet)

A small script that sets up several random cosmetic items for bots to make them look less "botty"

A f2p walker script that has several useful locations such as barbarian village, al-kharid mine, etc. (In addition to towns, GE, etc)

All of these have just been written to help me out, and fill small gaps that I find annoying in the free scripts. However it occurred to me that other players might benefit from them as well so thought I would run a beta test to see if people would like me to submit them to the SDN. 

you could always post them in the Local Scripts section as a jar or just upload to the sdn and people will try and usually report (and complain) about bans because bans will always occur

Thanks for the response. If I upload to the SDN and their account gets banned, won't they give me negative feedback (thus resulting in my ban on dreambot)

Thanks for the response. If I upload to the SDN and their account gets banned, won't they give me negative feedback (thus resulting in my ban on dreambot)

im sure you cant get negative feedback from purely getting someones account banned (unless its from a market service), because they take the risk of botting the account

You don't get banned for releasing scripts that result in bans. If that was the case, the sdn would be empty. everyone should know to bot at their own risk, and it's not the scripter's fault.

You will never get banned from DreamBot because of people using your script getting banned. Botting is against the rules of JaGeX and after all, it's their own choice to start up the bot.

JaGeX has really stepped up their game, and people will most likely be banned using your scripts - that's just how the game works now. :-(

You can release any script for free at any time on the SDN. You will not be penalized for anything that results from it. (As it is checked for malicious code before being accepted)

After you get Scripter+, you can release premium (paid) scripts. You can beta test these by adding them like any other script (to the SDN) and PM me with a note saying that you want it to be a beta. I'll prevent it from being purchased and you can authorize your testers for any amount of time.

Ok. Thank you all very much for taking the time to answer my questions. I have one script submitted for review, and if the process goes well I got a few more I will likely release in a couple of days. =D

Archived