Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Cannot rebuild .jar while dreambot client running

zeepzoop

Using intellij, cannot rebuild the .jar file while the dreambot client is running.  

While the client is running, I also can't delete the .jar file in the file explorer.  

This means i have to open/close the client every time I want to rebuild the script which is really annoying for debugging :(.  

Any solution?

i can't modify contents of C:\Users\zeepzoop\DreamBot\Scripts while dreambot is running.  

I want to rebuild a .jar inside this script folder.  

I get an error in intellij when building artifact and an error when I try to delete the .jar in the windoes file explorer

Thanks for quick reply

i can't modify contents of C:\Users\zeepzoop\DreamBot\Scripts while dreambot is running.  

I want to rebuild a .jar inside this script folder.  

I get an error in intellij when building artifact and an error when I try to delete the .jar in the windoes file explorer

Thanks for quick reply

are you exporting the client with the jar or something? cuz u shouldnt

• 3 weeks later...

I have the same problem as the OP described.

Warning:Artifacts builder: Cannot delete file 'C:/Users/USER/DreamBot/Scripts/SCRIPT.jar'

Once the Client has been started, the local script stays locked/loaded and will not be able to be replaced by a newer version.

Are there any work-arounds / fixes on Windows 10, Intellij 2016.1.3?

Since this really slows down and is uninviting to create scripts.

It works on eclipse.

Make sure your script is stopped in the client

The script is stopped or is not even started.

I also can't delete the .jar in the scripts folder manually, so I highly doubt changing IDE would work, but I'll give it a shot.

The script is stopped or is not even started.

I also can't delete the .jar in the scripts folder manually, so I highly doubt changing IDE would work, but I'll give it a shot.

I have no issue with this in NetBeans either. Wel.... As long as I copy and paste the file in the scripts folder rather than drag and drop.

See if there's an option in the artifacts builder to replace a file or to not delete it. That may be the issue.

I have no issue with this in NetBeans either. Wel.... As long as I copy and paste the file in the scripts folder rather than drag and drop.

See if there's an option in the artifacts builder to replace a file or to not delete it. That may be the issue.

Are you able to manually delete any local script .jar in script directory when you dreambot client is active?

I find it hard to believe that an IDE would be able to delete the jar while DreamBot somehow still has loaded/locked it.

acutally I have this issue as well on windows although I'm not building directly into the script directory the Jar is still in use even when the script is stopped. 

Archived