Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • AP Auto Reporter - Too much or not?

Apaec

Too much or too good?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Is this script a good idea to release publically

• Yes
      • No
    2. 2. Would you run this script in hope of potentially improving the fight against bans?

• Yes
      • No

Hi guys!

Today I wrote a script which could prove valuable if used correctly. Before releasing it however, I need your opinions.

first some background of the script:

The script reports ALL local players in the area around you for macroing. This may sound weird but I can guarantee not without purpose.

You decide what it might be useful for, as i'm still not 100% sure.

So my question to you is:

Is this script a good / bad idea, and if so, why? 

Why might it be valuable? 

Do you think it is valuable?

Apaec

I don't think this is useful. 

Negatives:

1. Reporting surrounding people for macroing would endanger a fellow Dreambotter's account.

2. You want to be in the crowd with everyone if you bot, not alone.

3. We would want other people botting on different (usually worse) botting clients so they can get banned by jagex and doing that will make jagex think they have control over us botters but in reality we are fine its just the other clients that are being affected.

Positives (if any):

1. You seem more like a legit player by reporting people.

2. You are promoted to player moderator by your great work at "sniffing" out bots.

To release this would be like ratting to the cops even though there will be some legit players around you more likely there will be bots.

You guys are missing the point. He is trying to get jagex to ban legit players. Which would cause an people to react and possibly render the report button useless.

This wouldn't do anything, the account running the script would be banned for misusing the report feature and all the reports made by that account would be deleted. <- speculation

These kind of scripts were all over pbot and such without any use. It's pointless to waste time and IP's for such a mediocre attempt at reducing ban rates.

Doesn't hurt to release it, if someone wants to use it, let them. You're getting really annoying with the negative attitude.

@OP, wouldn't you be banning users for this client as well? Which just doesn't seem right. :/

I think it would be traceable and I think it would only hurt us if we plan to be a large bot with significant market share.

Doesn't hurt to release it, if someone wants to use it, let them. You're getting really annoying with the negative attitude.

@OP, wouldn't you be banning users for this client as well? Which just doesn't seem right. :/

How was that negative? Someone turned stuck up when they got mod....

Archived