Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Question about chain botting.

Cardozz

So, what if i bot on an alt i dont care about, and play via OsBuddy on my main (legitimate, no bots at all), is there a change they will ban my main?

Just curious on how banning works :P

It depends on whether you are using proxies. Pretty much chain banning works like this:

- You bot multiple accounts on the same IP.

- You also play legit on your account but on the same IP.

- Jagex sees all of the accounts connecting from this IP, and detects some of them are bots.

- Jagex now becomes very suspicious of any account that plays on that IP.

- Even legit accounts are now at risk of getting banned because you are using a flagged IP.

How to prevent this:

- Bot on a different IP as you play legit. Use a SockS5 proxy on dreambot and use your own IP (Unless it has already been flagged) to play on your legit account. Your IP has likely been flagged if one of your bots has been banned on that IP.

Thank you very much for the answer!

Is there any way to check if my Dreambot client is connected through the VPN IP?

It depends on whether you are using proxies. Pretty much chain banning works like this:

- You bot multiple accounts on the same IP.

- You also play legit on your account but on the same IP.

- Jagex sees all of the accounts connecting from this IP, and detects some of them are bots.

- Jagex now becomes very suspicious of any account that plays on that IP.

- Even legit accounts are now at risk of getting banned because you are using a flagged IP.

How to prevent this:

- Bot on a different IP as you play legit. Use a SockS5 proxy on dreambot and use your own IP (Unless it has already been flagged) to play on your legit account. Your IP has likely been flagged if one of your bots has been banned on that IP.

Who do you recommend to buy SockS5 proxies from?

Personally, I bot for only a couple hours a day, and only use two bots at a time. I do it more for sport and my enjoyment in the coding rather than profit. Due to this, I don't buy any proxies. I find lists of free SockS5's and I use a free proxy checker to find a working proxy. I use it until the proxy no longer works then I cycle to a new proxy. I also don't have a lot of extra money to be using on proxies, so that's just how I've found to get around the issue cheaply. There are numerous users on this forum that will happily sell you proxies at decent prices if you do wish for a more stable option. I believe there's someone on here called "ProxySeller" lol.

Edit: Also, I don't use a VPN, so I unfortunately cannot help you in that area. Check out the chat and throw out that question there. I'm sure someone can help. :)

Personally, I bot for only a couple hours a day, and only use two bots at a time. I do it more for sport and my enjoyment in the coding rather than profit. Due to this, I don't buy any proxies. I find lists of free SockS5's and I use a free proxy checker to find a working proxy. I use it until the proxy no longer works then I cycle to a new proxy. I also don't have a lot of extra money to be using on proxies, so that's just how I've found to get around the issue cheaply. There are numerous users on this forum that will happily sell you proxies at decent prices if you do wish for a more stable option. I believe there's someone on here called "ProxySeller" lol.

Edit: Also, I don't use a VPN, so I unfortunately cannot help you in that area. Check out the chat and throw out that question there. I'm sure someone can help. :)

But what if i use a proxy, how do i check if the proxy actually works in the client?

But what if i use a proxy, how do i check if the proxy actually works in the client?

if you filled in the proxy details and the client loads, then you have filled in a valid proxy.

to dubbelcheck it I gues you would have to do that script wise

If you enter your proxy details and then when the client loads, the game packages are also loaded, the proxy is working. When you enter a proxy that does not work one of two things can happen. Either the client will not start at all, or once it starts, you won't be able to download the game package and you will never get to the runescape login tab. So, therefore, if you can see runescape loading, your proxy is working.

this is not true. Only botted accounts will be banned. Jagex gives you the opportunity to make as many new accounts as you wish and are considered a clean slate. As long as you arent using them as mules or to store botted gold/items your non botted accounts are safe on the same IP or not.

Archived