Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • How did you learn to program?

Zompies

I learned from tutorials and books when I was a kid. I usually watched a simple tutorial first then read the book for more detail. Having projects in mind really helps with motivation.

I'm more interested in how you have the patience and perseverance to solve problems? There is an opinion that when correcting one error, many others, sometimes even unrelated, come out.

4 hours ago, robert_abb said:

I'm more interested in how you have the patience and perseverance to solve problems? There is an opinion that when correcting one error, many others, sometimes even unrelated, come out.

Problem solving gives a high that not many other things can. I personally enjoy having a challenge and overcoming it. Nothing rewarding comes easy

On 2/9/2022 at 9:10 AM, robert_abb said:

You just need to find an area to direct your focus on to get started with programming. Find an app you'd like to make, something simple enough but more than a "Hello, World" program, and you'll find you actually have a desire to tackle the challenges it provides.

For me, I was curious how web browsers worked back in 2003ish and I started reading about them. That lead me down a rabbit hole to making a bunch of shitty programs and eventually my own extremely simple web browser. From there I found the next project, then the next, rinse and repeat.

Tackling errors provides a pretty good sense of accomplishment and keeps me coming back. Hell, even just making your code more efficient feels good.

Archived