Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • How did you learn to program?

Zompies

Very curious as to how other people learned to program. Did you use books to learn? Video tutorials? A mix of everything? Do you recommend any books for learning (Insert language here)?

I started when I was 12 by writing very basic code for my Runescape private server. Simple things like adding new objects into the game and creating "custom" areas for people to fight bosses and things.

I progressed from that into creating mods for Minecraft when I was about 15, as well as administrating my own server. Administrating that server taught me a lot of valuable things about Linux systems.

After that, I started at university doing Computer Science and am currently in the end of my third year. I've learned a ton from the program I'm in and couldn't be happier with it.

Personally, I recommend books and interactive learning websites such as Codeacademy. If you really want to know how to program, you need to know how computers work from the ground up (in my opinion). The more you know about how memory and processors work, the better your code will be and the more sense everything will make. This is especially important for lower level languages such as C.

I highly recommend every aspiring programmer picks up a book on Data Structures & Algorithms. I took a course for it but the book we used was "Data Structures and Algorithm Analysis in Java" by Weiss.

Another great book to pick up would be a book on systems. The book I had for this is "Introduction to Computing Systems" By Patt and Patel.

I started applied informatics this year at college and this summer just before school started, I learned how to make a simple woodcutting script by mostly copy pasting open source code from the forums ;p

I didn't even know how a computer worked until I graduated HS. Stated 3D art about a half year after graduation, and did that daily for well over a year. I was around programmers quite a bit, since I would contribute art to their projects; but I never really programmed anything for myself. Once I got into college, I took a basic Java course that was part of my education plan, which got me interested in learning more. During that course I started messing around Unity, learning basic concept behind programming. After finishing my first CIS course, I wanted to take more, and signed up for a intro to Java class the following quarter. The professor I had for intro to Java made the subject interesting, and eventually led me to changing my major to CIS focusing in software development. I found botting a few months after my intro to Java class, and it helped reinforce what I had learned.

But overall how I learned programming was school, lots of google, lots of trial and error, and lots and lots of questions.

I also started with runescape private server when I was 10. Since then I have always taught everything to myself the hard way. I watched tutorials and kept trying myself. It has always been a hobby for me.

I also started with RSPS, i got semi good then quit for 2 years started to get back into it forgot allot of shit learned some new stuff then took a break for a few months and now i can barely code commands lmao. im still learning. but i personaly perfer to code GSC/FF/CFG mod menus for JB ps3s

Archived