Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Hello, I am Torpex

Torpex

Welcome to the community, I dont suppose you need a project of transforming a noob into a scripter :D if so pm me!

I think the best way to learn is to simply try things for yourself :) If (correction: "when") you encounter a problem or question it would be a good idea to attempt to figure out/find the answer yourself first. Trust me, this is a much more effective way of learning than simply asking someone every time you encounter a problem. If, however, you still can't figure it out, then ask someone. Feel free to PM me and I can recommend some tutorials/books for you to try, and don't hesitate to PM me with _any_ questions, no matter how stupid you think they are. Asking questions is such an important aspect of learning and it's very important to stay curious and constantly question things.

Another thing to note is that you should attempt to understand the fundamentals of the programming language first before looking into specific implementations of it. So don't jump into "scripting" tutorials before learning Java from the ground up. It would be even better if you took that one step further and understood the fundamental inner workings of a computer at the low level, although this is not necessary for what you want to achieve :)

Archived