Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Proof God Isn't real - This will make you atheist

Dota

I am strongly warning you guys now. This will change your entire view on christianity and more than likely turn you atheist. Don't say I didn't warn you. I posted this video for the sole purpose of informing, nothing else. 

For me God is just a symbol, I couldn't care less what people believe in as long they don't bother me.

This 22min video is just to prove a retard wrong with some complicated stuff  -_-

At 1:30, he said

"The fact you are making it [the argument] now is proof that you've heard it before"

That's contradictory. First, it's not proof that he has heard it before. It could have easily came to his mind the same way it came to the mind of the person who first coined the idea.

The fact he says it's proof makes me weary of what he may find to be "proof" of there being no god. I won't lie, I didn't watch the full 22 minutes. I actually only watched up to 1:35, and I'm already pretty skeptical of how this guy defines proof

At 1:30, he said

"The fact you are making it [the argument] now is proof that you've heard it before"

That's contradictory. First, it's not proof that he has heard it before. It could have easily came to his mind the same way it came to the mind of the person who first coined the idea.

The fact he says it's proof makes me weary of what he may find to be "proof" of there being no god. I won't lie, I didn't watch the full 22 minutes. I actually only watched up to 1:35, and I'm already pretty skeptical of how this guy defines proof

I urge you to watch the entire thing. The statement he made at 1:30 is literally far from the main, solid points he has in the video.

I urge you to watch the entire thing. The statement he made at 1:30 is literally far from the main, solid points he has in the video.

If it wasn't that boring I might watch it entirely, but I already don't believe 100% in God so I don't see the point  :P

He's doing nothing different than what the competition hoster is doing. He is picking and choosing.

First let me say that I was an Athiest for many years, but not anymore. I wasn't Athiest because someone persuaded me, but due to my own observations, which I later realized my reasonings were ignorant (Why do babies die before they get a chance to live? Why was I born into a world where technology thrives, but others are born in poverty and starvation? ect..). I am now Agnostic. I do believe to an extent that there is a creator, simply due to the fact that all things we experience in life starts with some kind of initial point (creation/introduction, ect..). But back to the point at hand.

I am writing this as I am watching the video, so I'm not sure how long it'll be. Sorry if it gets too bulky, but you asked me to check out the entire video, and I did. Well.. at least up to the point where he felt he had to excessively prove the same point at around 13:25.

He chose the easiest type of God to disprove - the one depicted in the Christian bible, a book that suggested one old man brought two of every animal onto a large ark that he built, right before a storm, all by himself. He admits this at 6:55, when he says "there could be a supernatural entity, it just wouldn't be the one defined by Christians" then moves onto the next subject without hesitation. So just keep in mind that rather than use the most abstract definition (God is the creator), he targeted Christianity, a religion that rose from enforcing fear by harming anyone who didn't cooperate.

He defines supernatural as being "not provable - not materializable", which isn't true. Supernatural refers to a lack of understanding - "an event attributed to some force beyond scientific understanding or the laws of nature." There are tons of subjects we have yet to put formulas to, which we consider supernatural. Hell, we still don't fully understand water, or even the basics of why yawning is contagious - only suggestions have been made. We could easily define this as supernatural until we have exploited the details.

He says 'knowing everything' is paradoxial. "I know everything, except whether or not there's anything I don't know" - If someone knows everything, it's possible to know that there is nothing they don't know. How? Because they know everything. Paradox solved. Actually, it wasn't even a paradox to begin with. There is a paradox relevant to this, but it deals with the fact that "knowing nothing" is possible.

The next paradox, the omnipotent paradox, is a lot more logical (and is an actual paradox - strange how he was able to confirm this as a paradox by name, but not the last one). The sad part is, he turns on himself, making us realize once again that he chose the easiest God to disprove (11:30 - "Why can't god go against his own nature? Where in the bible does it say he can't?" - it doesn't say. It was simply a defense by an appologist from debatably one of the most biased religions in existance).

Saying God cannot be evil does conflict with being omnipotent. A lot of things conflict with it. But in the passages he uses for his arguments, it simply says God created evil. Saying "he does all those things" is ambiguous. It could mean "I create all these things", with 'do' represention creation. Of course, it could also mean what I first stated, although the person in the video does not care to suggest the latter, which is bias behavior.

He says (12:38) "If God does everything, ..., and Christians do believe God does everything". No where in the bible does it state that god does everything. What he said was completely undocumented and has no data backing it. Not saying he's lying, rather than saying he kinda pulled that from his ass, and probably doesn't know himself. If anything, he either heard it somewhere or assumed it based on personal experiences.

Personally, I see this as an attempt at proselytism. Rather than disprove a creator, he disproved a man talked about in a book within a specific religion. He might as well have tried to disprove Rocky Balboa's existance. I felt that the video turned sour the moment he chose which God he wanted to go against. From there, it was all downhill. If you ask me, he did the same exact thing as the person he was attacking.

It would have been a lot more interesting if he defined God more abstractly, such as "The Creator" and nothing more. /: And holy shit, this post is long

He's doing nothing different than what the competition hoster is doing. He is picking and choosing.

First let me say that I was an Athiest for many years, but not anymore. I wasn't Athiest because someone persuaded me, but due to my own observations, which I later realized my reasonings were ignorant (Why do babies die before they get a chance to live? Why was I born into a world where technology thrives, but others are born in poverty and starvation? ect..). I am now Agnostic. I do believe to an extent that there is a creator, simply due to the fact that all things we experience in life starts with some kind of initial point (creation/introduction, ect..). But back to the point at hand.

I am writing this as I am watching the video, so I'm not sure how long it'll be. Sorry if it gets too bulky, but you asked me to check out the entire video, and I did. Well.. at least up to the point where he felt he had to excessively prove the same point at around 13:25.

He chose the easiest type of God to disprove - the one depicted in the Christian bible, a book that suggested one old man brought two of every animal onto a large ark that he built, right before a storm, all by himself. He admits this at 6:55, when he says "there could be a supernatural entity, it just wouldn't be the one defined by Christians" then moves onto the next subject without hesitation. So just keep in mind that rather than use the most abstract definition (God is the creator), he targeted Christianity, a religion that rose from enforcing fear by harming anyone who didn't cooperate.

He defines supernatural as being "not provable - not materializable", which isn't true. Supernatural refers to a lack of understanding - "an event attributed to some force beyond scientific understanding or the laws of nature." There are tons of subjects we have yet to put formulas to, which we consider supernatural. Hell, we still don't fully understand water, or even the basics of why yawning is contagious - only suggestions have been made. We could easily define this as supernatural until we have exploited the details.

He says 'knowing everything' is paradoxial. "I know everything, except whether or not there's anything I don't know" - If someone knows everything, it's possible to know that there is nothing they don't know. How? Because they know everything. Paradox solved. Actually, it wasn't even a paradox to begin with. There is a paradox relevant to this, but it deals with the fact that "knowing nothing" is possible.

The next paradox, the omnipotent paradox, is a lot more logical (and is an actual paradox - strange how he was able to confirm this as a paradox by name, but not the last one). The sad part is, he turns on himself, making us realize once again that he chose the easiest God to disprove (11:30 - "Why can't god go against his own nature? Where in the bible does it say he can't?" - it doesn't say. It was simply a defense by an appologist from debatably one of the most biased religions in existance).

Saying God cannot be evil does conflict with being omnipotent. A lot of things conflict with it. But in the passages he uses for his arguments, it simply says God created evil. Saying "he does all those things" is ambiguous. It could mean "I create all these things", with 'do' represention creation. Of course, it could also mean what I first stated, although the person in the video does not care to suggest the latter, which is bias behavior.

He says (12:38) "If God does everything, ..., and Christians do believe God does everything". No where in the bible does it state that god does everything. What he said was completely undocumented and has no data backing it. Not saying he's lying, rather than saying he kinda pulled that from his ass, and probably doesn't know himself. If anything, he either heard it somewhere or assumed it based on personal experiences.

Personally, I see this as an attempt at proselytism. Rather than disprove a creator, he disproved a man talked about in a book within a specific religion. He might as well have tried to disprove Rocky Balboa's existance. I felt that the video turned sour the moment he chose which God he wanted to go against. From there, it was all downhill. If you ask me, he did the same exact thing as the person he was attacking.

It would have been a lot more interesting if he defined God more abstractly, such as "The Creator" and nothing more. /: And holy shit, this post is long

AMEN

Though I strongly subscribe to atheism, and watch a number of youtubers who talk from an atheistic viewpoint I really don't like the videos & posts that say "this 1 video will change your entire belief!!1!", becoming agnostic or an atheist is a multi-step process that isn't fast. 

There's no way to prove god isn't real in a 22 mintue video, it's a huge topic, the same way there's no way to prove god is real. 

I've seen that guy's face on TAT and heard him speak and I sincerely hope everybody who agrees with him dies of cancer/aids along with everybody who disagrees with my personal opinion. 

• 6 months later...

For me god is everything. Whether it's us or the mysterious things we don't know of yet.

He/It is so big and complex that it's impossible for us plebs to get a decent understanding of what god really is.

As for the bible, I haven't ever read it and i wouldn't really trust it either.

Something that is man-made should always be questioned.

Archived