Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Based on how you are all Physics majors you've been over this hundreds of times, but a Timeline of the far future.

Before

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_the_far_future

It's never easy to have a philosophical discussion about the Universe or anything else in general, because everyone sits there thinking they've already come to the realization. It's also a very moody topic, so when you're in the mood if you haven't already I recommend you check the link there.

/ban for advertising

also I'm salt because I made it to nationals for Reach for the Top but my parents won't let me go. I'm white in a first world country and it sucks

No it doesn't. 

You've won the global jackpot by being born in a first world country, add the unquestionable factor of white privilege, the possibility of you being male, and the assumption that you aren't among some of the poorest Americans in the country and you have absolutely nothing to complain about. 

http://www.worldwealthcalculator.org/

inb4 people get salty I'm a white male in a first world country coming from the middle-class so I won the lottery too. 

I'm pretty sure that was sarcasm.

o. either way every1 should feel bad for being born rich. give ur wealth to nigerian royalty

Alright I have time on my hands so prepare for a debate you don't want to join in on, I'm sure.

I've had some pretty shitty stuff happen in my life. Things that, white people, brown people, poor people and rich people have all felt the emotions on, and things that nobody should have to go through. And it sucked, each time something terrible would happen to me.

And when the horrible things were happening in the early 1900s with the Blood Diamonds and whatnot, horrible horrendous things happened to those families as they were forced into slavery, while each and every one of them only deserved equality.

And they suffered greatly -- or so it would obviously seem.

Because if I, a white male from a rich family in a first world country went through those conditions, I don't know how I would of made it through; and maybe I wouldn't of. Because I'm not strong.

I was never raised in an environment where I feared such a thing in anything farther than a wild dream. I was not emotionally prepared in my mind, I wouldn't be in reality. What happened there is something that everyone should know and feel bad about.

But those people who suffered through it, they had to do things that nobody should have to do and go through. And it sucked.

But so did my story..

Pain is relative. And is a hard argument to fight because I'm clearly on the upper hand defending my case. But the pain I've received from smaller things, I can't imagine it being worse; and so if the slaves put in horrible conditions can't imagine anything worse.. are we on the same level now? Are we suffering the same? The joy they might have being released or escaping.. is it not the same joy I might receive if I metaphorically escape from my problems?

Alright I have time on my hands so prepare for a debate you don't want to join in on, I'm sure.

I've had some pretty shitty stuff happen in my life. Things that, white people, brown people, poor people and rich people have all felt the emotions on, and things that nobody should have to go through. And it sucked, each time something terrible would happen to me.

And when the horrible things were happening in the early 1900s with the Blood Diamonds and whatnot, horrible horrendous things happened to those families as they were forced into slavery, while each and every one of them only deserved equality.

And they suffered greatly -- or so it would obviously seem.

Because if I, a white male from a rich family in a first world country went through those conditions, I don't know how I would of made it through; and maybe I wouldn't of. Because I'm not strong.

I was never raised in an environment where I feared such a thing in anything farther than a wild dream. I was not emotionally prepared in my mind, I wouldn't be in reality. What happened there is something that everyone should know and feel bad about.

But those people who suffered through it, they had to do things that nobody should have to do and go through. And it sucked.

But so did my story..

Pain is relative. And is a hard argument to fight because I'm clearly on the upper hand defending my case. But the pain I've received from smaller things, I can't imagine it being worse; and so if the slaves put in horrible conditions can't imagine anything worse.. are we on the same level now? Are we suffering the same? The joy they might have being released or escaping.. is it not the same joy I might receive if I metaphorically escape from my problems?

I really don't have the time for a debate nor the motivation to do so but my main point was that in our north american society we live in, you've been given many advantages over others who aren't white based on that fact alone. 

Though you brought up the topic of pain being relative, your idea that due to pain being relative your suffering over minor things could be on par with horrific things such as torture and slavery further proves my point of white privilege. Judging from what you said it can be interpreted that you haven't endured much pain physically, but you've suffered mentally.

We can determine that the torture slaves were forced to undergo both physically and mentally could break all but the strongest person, and to so simply compare what your described anguish that originates from small things to the brutal reality that is slavery is just extraordinary. As someone who has only taken a few introductory psychology courses in university, yes, pain is relative, but no, logically speaking it is absurd to compare what could be considered first world problems to slavery. 

There is a difference between events that can cause depressive thoughts and events that are so traumatizing they leave permanent imprints on people's minds. Maybe if I went into much more detail and actually did research I could find a way to clearly outline how ridiculous your claims are. It's easy to classify types of pain into 2 categories: physical and mental, but events like the holocaust and the events that took place regarding the diamond trade would leave much harsher, permanent scars than whatever events happened to you.

It's hard to explain, but once again, yes pain is relative, but no, it's not comparable to things such as slavery. It just isn't. 

The theory that every time a baby cries over something, it could be because it's the worse thing that ever happened in their life doesn't take away from more serious things. Just because a 2 day old baby feels hunger pains for the first time doesn't mean the pain could be comparable to what a jewish prisoner in a german concentration camp would face. 

I said I didn't have time and I wasted 20 mins, oh well, I really don't feel like going deeper into the topic because it's something that people who aren't professionals can't really debate about without being wrong in many ways. 

Archived