Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • What to make tutorials on?

Articron

As you've probably noticed I've made two tutorials on intermediate scripting concepts already. I've always been very pro-education, and I hope to enlighten people further.

I have no idea on what the average level of scripter is in here, so I would appreciate if anyone can give me a specific topic/question I can build a tutorial around.

It doesn't have to be intermediate; It can be beginner stuff, more advanced stuff like algorithms,.... 

Doesn't even need to be Java! I know multiple languages pretty thoroughly, so let your curiousity go :)

As you've probably noticed I've made two tutorials on intermediate scripting concepts already. I've always been very pro-education, and I hope to enlighten people further.

I have no idea on what the average level of scripter is in here, so I would appreciate if anyone can give me a specific topic/question I can build a tutorial around.

It doesn't have to be intermediate; It can be beginner stuff, more advanced stuff like algorithms,.... 

I would say more beginner tutorials would be good; as there are many people who are on the forums trying to learn how to make scripts. It's also worth to note that a decent amount of aspiring scripters do not have prior programming experience, so explanations of things that are nearly inherent to your thought processes are important.

That being said, I have enjoyed your other tutorials so I'd say more of those would be good too.

I would say more beginner tutorials would be good; as there are many people who are on the forums trying to learn how to make scripts. It's also worth to note that a decent amount of aspiring scripters do not have prior programming experience, so explanations of things that are nearly inherent to your thought processes are important.

That being said, I have enjoyed your other tutorials so I'd say more of those would be good too.

I've always tried to keep the level appropriate to the level of what they are learning about. Meaning that a beginner tutorial would be explained with alot less technical terms than a intermediate/advanced one :)

A tutorial on GUI would be nice.

I would assume most people would use a swing builder tool :P

But sure, i'll have that on my todo list. Other suggestions are still appreciated :)

Bae <3

Been at Topbot for almost a year after Octo ended :P

I say GUI's as well, but more of an in-depth guide as to how to incorporate select values from drop down menus or lists that a user would select into your script. Also, I use JFormDesigner, but a beginner tutorial on how to use the intellij form designer would be nice. I just hate how the "customizability" of the intellij one is very lacking.

I say GUI's as well, but more of an in-depth guide as to how to incorporate select values from drop down menus or lists that a user would select into your script. Also, I use JFormDesigner, but a beginner tutorial on how to use the intellij form designer would be nice. I just hate how the "customizability" of the intellij one is very lacking.

I don't used the IntelliJ one, dont like it either :P

Archived