Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Why do admin lie for the dreambot users?

KFC

Hey Admins on dreambot

I have seen a thread about that you can't not get a ban with dreambot only if a player report you?

Okay so for 1 month ago i did make a account and just let it stand there so i could bot on it after. And today i wan't to log on and bot on it so i put a bond on it. After i did put a bond i did go bot mining it did go well to 51 mining then i got a ban i was babysitting it the hole time. non players did go past me i was in lumb mining spot no one did go past me and then i got banned?? wtf?

For one, you didn't possible babysit the bot 1-51 mining attentively, anyone could have come through and just reported you randomly. Secondly, you aren't using covert mode so we aren't giving any guarantees. And thirdly, I don't think Covert is any help anymore, but someone who actually uses it can elaborate on this.

What you're referring to is Covert mode. Covert mode basically protects you from the Automated system bans, which you don't have access to since you're not a VIP user.

So i need to be VIP user for it?

For one, you didn't possible babysit the bot 1-51 mining attentively, anyone could have come through and just reported you randomly. Secondly, you aren't using covert mode so we aren't giving any guarantees. And thirdly, I don't think Covert is any help anymore, but someone who actually uses it can elaborate on this.

Something about mining makes covert useless. If anything, mining is MORE risky with covert. (I ran like 10 accounts with covert and 10 without. The 10 without covert weren't banned, all the covert miners were banned within an hour lol)

I still use covert for everything, but I don't really farm or bot at all. I still believe it helps avoid the auto detection, but I think they've expanded on the areas that give autobans. (aka, outside of covert) things like time between opening menu and clicking an action, or the fact that your mouse only moves to do an action, and nothing(not much) else

So i need to be VIP user for it?

Yes, please know what you're talking about before you tell us that we're lying to you about it.

Something about mining makes covert useless. If anything, mining is MORE risky with covert. (I ran like 10 accounts with covert and 10 without. The 10 without covert weren't banned, all the covert miners were banned within an hour lol)

I've heard this from a few people. I think it goes along with the mouse not moving except to do actions thing. I haven't really had time to go in and test much though. :(

I still use covert for everything, but I don't really farm or bot at all. I still believe it helps avoid the auto detection, but I think they've expanded on the areas that give autobans. (aka, outside of covert) things like time between opening menu and clicking an action, or the fact that your mouse only moves to do an action, and nothing(not much) else

Yes, please know what you're talking about before you tell us that we're lying to you about it.

I've heard this from a few people. I think it goes along with the mouse not moving except to do actions thing. I haven't really had time to go in and test much though. :(

Nice of you to not delete this thread :). I know a lot of forums where this would have been deleted.

The ban system for botting is complicated and is needing some knowledge and experience to understand.

I will explain some common bans in the hope that you will understand that a client cannot Ensure a 100% anti-ban.

The user is the one who can Ensure himself an anti-ban of like 80-90%, not the client.

You have some risk for the following bans, but you will not get banned if you do it smart.

You are just lucky if you are not banned for doing it exactly as described below.

Autoban:

Runscape has a detection system for some ways of botting.

Think about botting the tutorial Island.

You have got a high chance that Jagex will notice it and ban you within a few hours.

Dreambot prevented some of these autobans (if I'm correct)

"Strange account" ban:

This is most likely for the goldfarming people.

Jagex will notice it if a freshcreated lvl3 account has a lot of money on it.

For example, an account that has more than 10mil after his first 24 hours is an account that will be noticed by Jagex and these account will be checked for goldselling or for goldfarming.

Dreambot (and other clients also) cannot prevent this ban.

"money trading" ban:

This is connected to the previous ban.

If you will replace your gold to another account you will most likely do this by a trade.

Nobody is paying several millions of gold for 1lobster (example).

Jagex will notice this and do some research on the accounts and will become tracking the gold -> both account banned

Dreambot (and other clients also) cannot prevent this ban.

"Always work, never sleep" ban.

You can easily prevent this ban by just not botting on an account for 24/7 (use the break system for example).

To explain this ban easily think about yourself. Can you be awake for 48 hours? Never sleep/eat/toilet/etc. and the only thing you do is woodcutting oak trees?

A normal person might be able to do this if they want but not like a bot (see "Times and movement" ban).

Jagex will notice this and ban the account.

Dreambot is preventing this by the "break system" (auto-logout system)

You have to set-up the break system by yourself otherwise it will not work.

"Times and movement" ban.

(I'm not a scripter so i hope i will explain this correct)

This is more a ban in the codes of scripts.

In scripts it is able to insert some "sleepUntil" codes.

These codes will control the pause between every time your mouse is doing an action (moving,clicking).

If you are for example woodcutting the oak trees again, you as person have a reaction time between the tree respawns and you click on it.

If you set this up in a script, you can set times which will never be able for a human to do. (will be noticed by Jagex).

Also if this time is every time exactly the same like 0,16 seconds, it will be noticed by Jagex.

This is most common prevented by entering random times.

Especially if you are botting it for a long time, because a reaction time of a human will get longer if you are cutting wood for several hours.

Check this at some scripts, because for scripts like wine of zamorak grabbers, u will need this to be a fast reaction time. (Is this code safe (see topics for it)).

Mouse movement is also an important issue.

If your mouse is moving every time exactly the same way (which is not possible for a human) it will be noticed by Jagex.

For both of the time and movement, most scripts are safe, but keep it in mind that it is a way of getting banned.

Dreambot is not able to prevent this as a client, but it has to be prevented by the scripters (if I'm correct)

High risk skills and places ban:

Some places and skills have a higher risk of getting banned, because so much people do it.

Think about cutting Oaks at varrock west, clay at varrock west, mining in fallaldor mines, fishing lobsters in karajama.

Keep in mind that this are places that are checked for bots more often then (for example) on the middle of the white wolf mountain.

Manual report:

We all know this ban.

Dreambot is not able to prevent this, you have to prevent this as much as possible.

Prevent is by use of things like these examples:

-Don't do things straight on the same account on the same world for far to long times

-Don't be a lvl 3 in a high lvl area.

-Always wear an outfit (even just a simple bronze or wizzard outfit is fine)

-Use your chat sometimes

I've explained some of the bans, there are many other ways of getting banned which a client cannot prevent.

I hope I've said everything correctly, if not please correct me on it

"Strange account" ban:

"money trading" ban:

"Always work, never sleep" ban.

^^^

these ones dont get u banned lol, ive put bills on new accs and nothing has ever happened

as for 24/7 botting, 3 of my accounts were started july 28th and are still going. Only 1 got banned. At the moment I have 5 accs that have been 24/7 botting for 50 or more days

Archived