Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • The future of dreambot?

EZbotting

i want to know a few things, about the future of dreambot, it seems to be that everyone is getting banned frequently, and rather than just blaming jagex's detection systems or that people are reporting you, i want to know what dreambot are doing to prevent this, while i accept that some accounts may get banned it seems ridiculous that you can run a bot and not look into not getting banned and have no intentions of stopping this. so what exactly do the developers here plan? and dont come up with no crap about convert because that doesnt work as its got me and many other people banned still

Your expectations seem to be higher than whats set in place in reality. The real problem is the scripts being published aren't able to imitate the same degree of interaction, from simpler things like mouse-strokes, errors, and habits, to the more abstract and spontaneous actions, like learning and the conceptualization of ideas in which humans actually behave.

Also, you can still be reported in-game by players which covert mode won't protect against.

i want to know a few things, about the future of dreambot, it seems to be that everyone is getting banned frequently, and rather than just blaming jagex's detection systems or that people are reporting you, i want to know what dreambot are doing to prevent this, while i accept that some accounts may get banned it seems ridiculous that you can run a bot and not look into not getting banned and have no intentions of stopping this. so what exactly do the developers here plan? and dont come up with no crap about convert because that doesnt work as its got me and many other people banned still

Tbh, the insanely low banrates previously make people jaded. Botting will get you banned, eventually. Sure, maybe Jag has figured out covert or stepped up their detection systems, but these things happen. Bots evolve, and Jagex evolves, it's basically a tog of war and there's time when Jagex is playing catch up, and then they do, and Bots have to catch up!

Just how life goes as a botter unfortunately

Covert certainly protects against some bans, but we're currently experimenting and planning a few things to try and identify bans.

It takes time, please be patient :)

thanks, its good to see a developers take on this and that dreambot are acknowledging this, i also get when you do find something you cannot go into too much detail or jagex may be able to patch it, its just if if gets you banned this quick then i cant see much of a future for dreambot. im also a little frustrated buying VIP for convert and premium scirpts ect and im still getting banned all the time, it would be nice to keep us all updated on what you plan to do to make dreambot less bannable, and maybe you should make sure all premium scripts have things in place to ensure low ban rates? i can appreciate bots have a lot of leachers but im not one because i pay for my way which also helps support the bot so thats why im thinking you should make sure before someone can start making money of a script make sure they have things in store to prevent bans? 

I've found that its not the script that makes the bans happen.  Yes, some scripts make it more likely to get banned, ie. popular scripts that are ran by a large group of people...  But if you bot SMART, and follow all of the precautions to keep yourself inconspicuous,  you have a very high chance of never being caught.  I've been botting for almost 4 weeks now with absolutely zero issues.  I don't rely on botting only though,  I usually end up only botting 50% of the time.  You can't suicide an account and  leave it running by itself, expecting to have no issues to come from it.  All it takes is for Jagex to see how much time you've been running after some random comes to your spot and sees you're unresponsive and presses the report button.  I personally believe that there will never be a day where botting will be completely undetectable.

I've found that its not the script that makes the bans happen.  Yes, some scripts make it more likely to get banned, ie. popular scripts that are ran by a large group of people...  But if you bot SMART, and follow all of the precautions to keep yourself inconspicuous,  you have a very high chance of never being caught.  I've been botting for almost 4 weeks now with absolutely zero issues.  I don't rely on botting only though,  I usually end up only botting 50% of the time.  You can't suicide an account and  leave it running by itself, expecting to have no issues to come from it.  All it takes is for Jagex to see how much time you've been running after some random comes to your spot and sees you're unresponsive and presses the report button.  I personally believe that there will never be a day where botting will be completely undetectable.

and how would you suggest i take these precautions to not getting banned? what are you botting? and i dont suicide bot i wouldnt do that because i woudnt want to get banned, i bot about 50% of the time too, while embertween botting skills i quest, and just because someone isnt responsive it doesnt mean there a botter, there has to be a lot more done about this, and it cant just be people pressing the report button, im under the impression jagex bot busting techniques including tracing the patterns of bots, why arent the premium scripters being made to add precautions to this? if i paid for a script and paid for VIP for convert to help prevent bans it should actually help prevent bans and not just carry on getting banned as usual, its got nothing to do with IPs either i have a new IP every day. i think there can be a way botting can become un detectable they just need to do a lot more to look into it 

I've botted almost every skill at least once at this point just to try out some of the scripts ive seen. One of the number one rules is to never use a new account when botting.  Buy or make a new account thats at least a few weeks old before botting.  If they see an account thats getting tons of xp right off the bat, it looks very fishy.  If you aren't suiciding, try and be present to talk back to others and solve randoms versus dismissing them.  Take breaks every couple hours and do something else helps a lot.  You're already changing your IP, so thats a good thing. 

There's awhole thread on this topic though, I suggest you do some research and read up on how to bot SMART. =D

I've botted almost every skill at least once at this point just to try out some of the scripts ive seen. One of the number one rules is to never use a new account when botting.  Buy or make a new account thats at least a few weeks old before botting.  If they see an account thats getting tons of xp right off the bat, it looks very fishy.  If you aren't suiciding, try and be present to talk back to others and solve randoms versus dismissing them.  Take breaks every couple hours and do something else helps a lot.  You're already changing your IP, so thats a good thing. 

There's awhole thread on this topic though, I suggest you do some research and read up on how to bot SMART. =D

doing randoms = xp waste.

im creating a new account, im going to be doing quests on and ill wait 2 weeks before botting, and i think im going to use it as a mule and xfer things across when i start botting, but my point is it shouldnt be that way, and taking breaks and logging out imo isnt that human, im the sort of person who can play for 8 hours strait without breaks... idd just rather not 

Archived