Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • How to make a combat script

qbots

Making a combat script is kind of trivial if you know what you are doing, but for those of you who are new to scripting this may help you.

Step 1: Finding the proper NPC to kill

import org.dreambot.api.script.AbstractScript;
    import org.dreambot.api.script.Category;
    import org.dreambot.api.script.ScriptManifest;
    import org.dreambot.api.wrappers.interactive.NPC;

@ScriptManifest(name = "TutCombat",author = "qbots", version = 1.0, category = Category.COMBAT)
    public class Combat extends AbstractScript {

@Override
        public int onLoop() {
            currentNpc = getNpcs().closest(npc -> npc != null && npc.getName() != null && npc.getName().equals(npcName) && !npc.isInCombat() && npc.getInteractingCharacter() == null);
            if(currentNpc != null) {
                log("We have found a " + currentNpc.getName() + " to kill!");
            }
            return 100;
        }
        private NPC currentNpc; //Let's make this a global variable so we dont have to create a new one each loop 
        public String npcName = "Giant rat"; //This will be changed with our GUI later on
    }

Step 2: Killing our target

import org.dreambot.api.script.AbstractScript;
    import org.dreambot.api.script.Category;
    import org.dreambot.api.script.ScriptManifest;
    import org.dreambot.api.wrappers.interactive.NPC;

@ScriptManifest(name = "TutCombat",author = "qbots", version = 1.0, category = Category.COMBAT)
    public class Combat extends AbstractScript {

@Override
        public int onLoop() {
            currentNpc = getNpcs().closest(npc -> npc != null && npc.getName() != null && npc.getName().equals(npcName) && !npc.isInCombat() && npc.getInteractingCharacter() == null);
            if(currentNpc != null) { //does the npc exist?
                if(!getLocalPlayer().isInCombat() && getLocalPlayer().getInteractingCharacter() == null) { //Make sure we aren't in combat or interacting with something
                    if(currentNpc.interact("Attack")) { //currentNpc will return true if we succesfully attacked the rat, if that happens we want to wait a bit to make sure we are in combat
                        sleepUntil(() -> getLocalPlayer().isInCombat() || getLocalPlayer().getInteractingCharacter() != null, 2000); //Wait a max of 2 seconds or until we are in combat
                    }
                    return 100;
                } else {
                    return 100;
                }
            }
            return 100;
        }
        private NPC currentNpc; //Let's make this a global variable so we dont have to create a new one each loop 
        public String npcName = "Giant rat"; //This will be changed with our GUI later on
    }

More will come soon. Next will be eating!

Hey man thanks for the tutorial

i have a question on this line

so if i wanted to find rats for example it would be like this?

currentNpc = getNpcs().closest(npc -> npc != null && npc.getName() != null && npc.getName().equals(Rat) && !npc.isInCombat() && npc.getInteractingCharacter() == null);

Hey man thanks for the tutorial

i have a question on this line

so if i wanted to find rats for example it would be like this?

currentNpc = getNpcs().closest(npc -> npc != null && npc.getName() != null && npc.getName().equals(Rat) && !npc.isInCombat() && npc.getInteractingCharacter() == null);

No, you would simple change the variable at the bottom of the script.

For example: public string npcName = "Rat";

I dont think having beginners do lambada expressions is a very good idea. Never the less, good job on the tutorial :D

This is moreso a "Show people how combat works"

Lambdas r better so might as well show them how to use them :P

Yeah i agree that Lambdas are better, but so is using the Task system for doing various things. My point is that if your target audience doesn't know how to make a combat script, they probably wont understand lambda expressions.

Sorry if i sound like a dick. I just read this in a sassy tone and it makes me sound like a dick xD

Yeah i agree that Lambdas are better, but so is using the Task system for doing various things. My point is that if your target audience doesn't know how to make a combat script, they probably wont understand lambda expressions.

Sorry if i sound like a dick. I just read this in a sassy tone and it makes me sound like a dick xD

wasnt being sassy lol. just saying :)

i guess i can add in how to do it without lambdas

wasnt being sassy lol. just saying :)

i guess i can add in how to do it without lambdas

yeah just like a regular filter would be dope

IMO you should know what it looks like and how it works and before applying lambdas and then start learning and applying them. :3

Archived