Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Val's DB everything guide.

Val

So In chat I see a lot of new people come in and ask questions, to make it easier I can just link this, I plan to keep the guide updated. I know Computer has a video on most of this, but rather you don't like videos or want to skip all the other information that's why I made a text guide. 

Sections:

Downloading the client.

To download the DB client you'll first need Java 8 which can be downloaded here: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk8-downloads-2133151.html

Download for your OS if you don't know if your computer is x32 or x64 just right click on my computer, and click properties then in window that pops up, look at System and it'll say what operating System you need, if you still can't find out no worries, just google it. ;)

Then click Download which can be found on the DB 'hub'

90ba22c8b6a07f44ba658082e0caa015.png

Running the client.

6e2908adff752e01885705de2e34901e.png

First thing you'll notice is the Green "Client is up to date and read to launch text, this indicates that you have the current client, the client will auto update but if it's the red then the client is outdated. 

Below that you'll notice Memory allocated, this needs to be 1024MB or higher, this is how much memory you allow DB to use.

Proxies

Also on the DB client you'll notice no proxy selected with a drop down arrow, if you don't have a proxy completely ignore this step as it does not apply to you. 

To add a proxy simply click on No proxy selected and it'll bring down a drop down menu from there click edit proxies. if you've done everything correctly you'll get a small box like shown,

4d765d960ddf330afff452617eab18cc.png

Simply click add Proxy and you'll get this,

553542e2ce121e028e6ddcb67a761387.png

From there all you have to do is type in your proxy's information. really simple and easy. :)

First time use.

Simply click launch client and then file, login and log into your DB account.

4266fd53b0016a529bd2aa17fdf839c2.png

Yours most likely won't be black like mine, don't worry it's just 'cause I have mine customized, that's in another section.

So once you're logged into DB and see Runescape in the background you're good to go! :)

Getting & running scripts.

To get a scripts you'll need to go to the DB SDN http://dreambot.org/sdn/mainscripts.php

Make sure you're logged in and if you are simply just click add on the script you want and it's added to your account easy as that! :)

b4860cd09bceca23f3b76b99093f41f5.png

Now to run a script, log into dream bot and get in the required place to run it also, make sure you have everything else that the script requires, items, skills, ect. For this tutorial will use Taylor's walker which is also in the SDN.

On the bottom of the DB client click the play button.

b49d838d234cc3da0b9bdfc9d7327f16.png

This will bring up a menu like so, click on Free scripts and then the script you want to run.

8a53081d10ae3f2512965249708337c8.png

After clicking on the script click start and depending on the script most likely you'll get a popup menu that lets you config the script or tell the script on what you'd like it to do.

f3fdb734279777027bf685ab9108dd04.png

Click on what you like and bam, you're botting. :)

Settings.

This can be found in the setting tab on DB, 

8f304014989597d08a7c2dfb54de899a.png

The first box is performance you can check things and uncheck boxes to your liking, the slider FPS bar is how many frames per second DB client will use. Below it is mouse speed and Covert mode and Covert mode is only available to VIP's it's great if you're going to bot long hours, ect. 

On the right is just more settings that you can set to your liking.

Breaks

9c506316a798ed15454483950279d629.png

Breaks are really easy to set up, just added and like up above set the settings to your liking. 

Theme.

This is how I got my black and blue theme, feel free to use my settings. 

08b68c5470a6f5e401cff8142c3cc84b.png

Resources is just basic information you can also report bugs in this tab, ect.

bf608f9dfd72b52ac653f1bf44182e2d.png

Adding Runescape accounts to DreamBot.

This is also really easily done, just click file, "Manage Accounts" 

808c5c1f14e5c781b3a12666cc5ea3d8.png

From there click New Account, then edit account and type in the account information and other details.

DB does not take your account information, DB will never hack your account, this is only used for scripts NEVER give someone your information on DB. DB Devs/Mods will NEVER ask for your information.

aee8d0758785f83fb2cc387399a3dc61.png

Simply type your info in and cheers!

Common bug fixes: 

Bot not starting after clicking start bug.

This has reported to have fixed the issue for some people, run the bot through CMD: java -jar path/to/jar/client.jar

Bot not loading Runescape.

This can also fix a lot of issues, is deleting your gamepack file in your DB folder.

Small black box. 

Delete your random.dat in your C:/Users/YOURNAME/ folder. Start DreamBot and it SHOULD work, if it doesn't, try deleting gamepack folder.

Anything else.

Feel free to comment on this thread for any additional support as well as the other section for errors and bugs on the forums.http://dreambot.org/forums/index.php/forum/13-errors-bugs/

Good content val well done dude. This could be panded by adding fixes to common errors, theres alot we see every week. :)

Good content val well done dude. This could be panded by adding fixes to common errors, theres alot we see every week. :)

Mind naming a few? :P

Hey! I like that you made this but I am still having an issue. When I am doing something like fishing and the bot doesn't have to move from 1 spot to another for a period of time i get logged out for inactivity. Is there anyway within the client (I have my account added, but it doesn't log me back in) to get this to stop or to maybe click on something when it is getting close to logging out?

Hey! I like that you made this but I am still having an issue. When I am doing something like fishing and the bot doesn't have to move from 1 spot to another for a period of time i get logged out for inactivity. Is there anyway within the client (I have my account added, but it doesn't log me back in) to get this to stop or to maybe click on something when it is getting close to logging out?

Currently there is no anti-afk feature in the DB client.

Most likely an issue with the script.

• 1 month later...

Seems to be a decent guide for everything, people will always ask questions though.

• 2 weeks later...

Do you need to tick the other boxes for your breaks or no?

I think you need VIP for breaks, I could be wrong.

Seems to be a decent guide for everything, people will always ask questions though.

Thank you. :)

Archived