Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • eveAPI

sini

Why would you make web walking server sided?

Depending on their web walking method, web walking data is pretty large (>150mb raw data).

Hosted with smart caching it'd also save computation time, so there's that too.

I'll think about it more but with the amount of time and research Ill be putting in to assuring that the web walker not only works for the entire world, but also works in a way where you can walk to the closest resource I think it's fair to debate that.

Random square drawings, the sequel. 

OYTLgnB.png

Depending on their web walking method, web walking data is pretty large (>150mb raw data).

Hosted with smart caching it'd also save computation time, so there's that too.

Yeah assuming you need literally every piece of map data in the game (no) and if you're going to do absolutely no compression (even simple things like using short vs int).

I'll think about it more but with the amount of time and research Ill be putting in to assuring that the web walker not only works for the entire world, but also works in a way where you can walk to the closest resource I think it's fair to debate that.

So every script written to use your walker becomes completely dependent on not only you keeping it up to date but also that your server stays online? I've seen web walking sources and even the most complex ones are not that extravagant.

Yeah assuming you need literally every piece of map data in the game (no) and if you're going to do absolutely no compression (even simple things like using short vs int).

So every script written to use your walker becomes completely dependent on not only you keeping it up to date but also that your server stays online? I've seen web walking sources and even the most complex ones are not that extravagant.

That's why I said depending on their method, I've seen similar setups (I think powerbot or something uses web hosted web walking) and I've seen uses of all map data going well over 200mb.

Even if you compressed it, it'd have to be uncompressed (using 200mb ram per client + cpu) anyways. We use a simple node web walker and our node data file is only like 12kb, but it's limited.

There are pros and cons to both methods (shrug)

Map drawing is difficult. I spent all night reading about that. For anyone who might want to draw maps,

https://gist.github.com/Hadyn/0a445dff0961eac9c6f3

Web after 6 passes of the entire world is 3,000,000 nodes (down from 4,000,000 nodes! 25% efficiency! Much success), and god knows how many edges. Not including doors. Also includes nodes that are dead, I need to do a blob search over the data and remove any non-traversable nodes.

a2lY1zj.png

Map drawing is difficult. I spent all night reading about that. For anyone who might want to draw maps,

Web after 6 passes of the entire world is 3,000,000 nodes (down from 4,000,000 nodes! 25% efficiency! Much success), and god knows how many edges. Not including doors. Also includes nodes that are dead, I need to do a blob search over the data and remove any non-traversable nodes.

a2lY1zj.png

3,000,000 nodes is a ton :P

I see why you're planning on making it web based, how are you storing them?

a2lY1zj.png

way too big kek

It's been awhile.

AogZKSP.png

qmGPkuH.png

Simplified the navigation mesh a bit more, eventually I will work on creating and storing polygons. There are more important fish to fry.

- Added cache reading library.

- Added widget configuration loading.

- Added Screen, Model, Vector3i, classes.

- From this you can: calculate screen coordinates, rotate models, calculate random points on a model, calculate the bounding box of a model.

I also added support for resizable mode as well. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm back for the time being.

Started using bitmaps to describe polygons in the navigation mesh. Result is much faster than before, and much more efficient.

4 + area / 8 + 1 bytes (inset x, y, and a bit for each tile) of memory for each polygon. So for a single region its about 13 bytes of memory.

LfeI6qY.png

04Qn3gF.png

dbsjsu3.png

For these images I removed ALL bitmaps with an area of 1. The result was 16363 bitmaps to describe the navigation mesh of Runescape.

Archived