Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Dreambot is better than RuneMate bot ?

raper194

Hello. I have a question about this bot. is it detectable? A friend recommends me to use RuneMate bot and I don't know myself I used powerbot once and it was really good. What do you think?

Every bot client/script is detectable. Personally I would not recommend RuneMate. I would recommend If I may say: Dreambot, OSbot. I know that Powerbot has changed and began to focus on Mobile botting. I don't have any experience in that. 

If you want to bot the safest. I would suggest to take good breaks from now and then. Don't just train one skill from tutorial island, make it more human. And if you have the money, buy premium scripts. They are way better and does make your account less bannable. 

Edited by grooovyash

Obviously our staff are going to be generally pretty biased (you're in ask the staff)
    I'd suggest you try to do some trials on all of the bots you're interested in, see which one you like the most. Here we have free instances you can run, and you can do trials on paid scripts to test them out (most of them).

From what I hear, we're some of the more active Developers in the client scene, but I know there are some others with active developers. You can join the OSRS botting discord, as well as our DreamBot discord to get a feel for the other clients (and their discords)

On 6/1/2023 at 6:20 PM, raper194 said:

Hello. I have a question about this bot. is it detectable? A friend recommends me to use RuneMate bot and I don't know myself I used powerbot once and it was really good. What do you think?

The client itself is not detected. You are detected by the script you use, if you use overused public script, you will be banned. This is okay for suicide botting, but make sure to mule the profits. I recommend to get the VIP or Sponsor by donating monthly, you will get access to the covert mode which works differently and is even more secure. Dreambot has simple API and you can learn to code your own private scripts for a start and you don't need to pay anything for it. Imo it's the biggest pro of dreambot. You can bot for free, developers are active as hell, if you want to spend some bucks, there are plenty of scripts, some better, some worse. To be totally objective, there are other good botting clients, but dreambot has it all. Ditch other botting clients and use dreambot :)

Edited by wicker558
    objectivity, swear words removed sorry

2 hours ago, wicker558 said:

The client itself is not detected. 

The client itself is not detected? Can you explain?

Edited by grooovyash

1 hour ago, grooovyash said:

The client itself is not detected? Can you explain?

When you run dreambot, they don't know you are running dreambot.  However botting like an idiot can still get you banned for botting.  Which isn't the clients fault.

example) kill chickens for 10000 hours straight and get banned - no the client isn't detected, you are just bad at botting. 

22 hours ago, yeeter said:

When you run dreambot, they don't know you are running dreambot. 

I always thought that the client is detectable. How else would Jagex know wether you're using any of the approved third party clients? 

13 hours ago, TUCKED said:

I've yet to be banned yet i use breaks and paid scripts so far so good lvl 80 on the stuff I'm botting so far

Same. I make it as human like as possible. And paid scripts are the way to go when it comes to long term botting on a main for example.

21 hours ago, grooovyash said:

I always thought that the client is detectable. How else would Jagex know wether you're using any of the approved third party clients? 

Same. I make it as human like as possible. And paid scripts are the way to go when it comes to long term botting on a main for example.

They have various checks in place, but they're pretty easy to replicate/get around.