Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • A message to the ddosers

Nebraska

I would like to take the time to correct a few of aforementioned statements. I'm not sure why but I think it is because I would like to give you all the chance to broaden your view within this narrow minded, sensored and biased community.

But first I would like to say that I want to apologise for any disruption that may or may not have been caused by Maldesto. I have no proof that the claims about Maldesto starting a 'piss fit' are true, as I don't know if it really was him. If it was, he misjudged his position. I do know him as a person that wouldn't do this. Our staff, in coöperation with the DB staff, will investigate if this particular user really was Maldesto. If so, he will get punished accordingly. I will personally put a leash on him, figure of speach of course.

As for the claims about DDOS attacks there are multiple claims I would like to settle on.

First of all any claims about me using DDOS attacks in the private server era are far fetched. I have no clue where this claim has originated from but I have always witheld myself from such practices. As for Laz, I can't tell whether he has participated in such practices in the past but he has been removed and banned from the OSBot staff since October 2014.

Secondly, OSBot has always lived by the policy of 'live and let live'. This means that we have never ever accepted any of our members or staff participating in flame, harassment or attacks on other botting communities by our knowledge. One staff member, community administrator Kati, once decided to attack vInsert. For this and other activities she (he? lol) was removed and banned from the staff team permanently.

As for the statements about other botting sites being attacked all the time and OSBot not, I can assure you that we are having attacks weekly if not daily. The difference is not in what we pay for protection, as we don't pay for protection, but in the way we have set up our server with custom software and configurations that will cease most types of attacks. The 'newer' or better said more sophisticated attacks are mitigated by our team and by doing so further increases our durability against future attacks. I think we probably have the lowest servers costs of all major botting communities.

Don't accuse me of throwing a 'piss fit' now, I have just stated some facts. I can also appreciate the humor of the DB staff for their use of forum post filters, which makes this post a lot more fun to read once I will hit the post button.

I hope I have enlightened you with my post,

Maxi

Ayy, finally a response from someone on OSBot that's more professional. Your comment was very informative and didn't really sound like a piss fit at all although this community isn't really that narrow minded and biased and Maldesto was probably the reason for the censors. xD

You realize Maldesto flames here a decent amount (although he is sometimes provoked and your guys' relationship hasn't been the greatest lately), banned a whole bunch of people just because they were members here or scripted here right? He also goes out of his way to ban anyone saying anything bad about OSBot offsite which is also pretty funny. If you really do have that policy than you should probably inform him about it. =)

It's really interesting that all the botting websites are getting targeted by DDoS attacks yet nobody is firing them. There is also an idiot who signs up under a proxy from time to time just spamming all the botting sites VIA PM. It sounds like someone wants drama. :(

As for the DDoS part, I've heard it from two different people that your guys' competition was always down back in the private server days. I'm sure others have heard that as well and I think I've even repeated it myself a few times. That is part of the reason why people think you guys are the DDoSers along with the fact that OSBot rarely/never goes down while all the other sites are getting rekt. 

I just want to point out we didn't censor any words (as far as I know, at least)

We're going to discuss things with Maxi at some point when we can all get together on Skype.

In the mean time, I'm closing this thread.

Archived