Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Where does Dreambot store the scripts downloaded from SDN?

LoremIpsum213

Hi, there is a SDN script that is not maintained well and does not work correctly. So i want to fix it, but i do not have the source code.

Where does one find the downloaded .jar files?

4 hours ago, LoremIpsum213 said:

Hi, there is a SDN script that is not maintained well and does not work correctly. So i want to fix it, but i do not have the source code.

Where does one find the downloaded .jar files?

We don't provide the source code for scripts hosted on the SDN, otherwise nothing would keep a person from cloning and reselling someone elses script.

You'll need to contact the original scripter to see if they will fix it, if not you are just kinda SOL.

6 minutes ago, yeeter said:

We don't provide the source code for scripts hosted on the SDN, otherwise nothing would keep a person from cloning and reselling someone elses script.

You'll need to contact the original scripter to see if they will fix it, if not you are just kinda SOL.

Ah. yes of course. Well, i started making one myself now. Will perhaps upload it here for free if it works properly :). Unfortunately the dreambot API description does not make it easy... but ill get there with some trial and error!

Just now, LoremIpsum213 said:

Ah. yes of course. Well, i started making one myself now. Will perhaps upload it here for free if it works properly :). Unfortunately the dreambot API description does not make it easy... but ill get there with some trial and error!

sorry to hear you are having troubles with the API, generally we hear only good things about our documentation so feel free to ask if you have any problems.

If you are hoping to avoid other people running into this issue into the future you can also look into open sourcing your code so if / when you retire from the botting others can pickup where you left off with your script.  The magic of open vs closed source!

1 hour ago, yeeter said:

sorry to hear you are having troubles with the API, generally we hear only good things about our documentation so feel free to ask if you have any problems.

If you are hoping to avoid other people running into this issue into the future you can also look into open sourcing your code so if / when you retire from the botting others can pickup where you left off with your script.  The magic of open vs closed source!

My problem with the API is mainly that the API description assumes that the dev knows what a class does and meant to represent.

for example https://dreambot.org/javadocs/org/dreambot/api/methods/widget/Widgets.html

The Methods are described pretty well, but its useless if there is no description of what a widget is in the first place.. There is no description on how this class represents an element in game. so i have no clue what to use it for. Only after some googling for examples or asking ChatGPT does it become clear what it is meant for.

I will certainly consider opensourcing it, however, I think that when a lot of people have access to it, the banrates will increase, even though i have already integrated anti-ban mechanisms.