Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Question regarding mouse clicks and movements by bots

Etienne2611

Hi there

I'm quite new to bot development and I just made my first script. I was happy with my result, but I came across a simple problem: the bot uses my cursor to perform the actions. I cannot use my pc or perform other activities while the script is running.

Can someone explain how to make the script perform the mouse movements and clicks inside the client, without interrupting the actual cursor? I find it interesting from a programming perspective aswell since I don't quite understand how that would be possible on a logical level: the game requires you to use actual mouse inputs. Is it possible to simulate these?

Thanks in advance

Etie

7 hours ago, Etienne2611 said:

Can someone explain how to make the script perform the mouse movements and clicks inside the client, without interrupting the actual cursor? I find it interesting from a programming perspective aswell since I don't quite understand how that would be possible on a logical level: the game requires you to use actual mouse inputs. Is it possible to simulate these?

the client does that by default what the fuck have you done to make it use your actual mouse Susge Sticker - Susge - Discover & Share GIFs

20 hours ago, Etienne2611 said:

Hi there

I'm quite new to bot development and I just made my first script. I was happy with my result, but I came across a simple problem: the bot uses my cursor to perform the actions. I cannot use my pc or perform other activities while the script is running.

Thanks in advance

Etie

Are you using the Robot class for mouse movements? That's the only reason I can think of for your actual mouse moving. If so, look here for using the client's mouse: https://dreambot.org/javadocs/org/dreambot/api/input/Mouse.html

In general you don't need call upon the Mouse class to move it, only in specific cases. Instead, just call https://dreambot.org/javadocs/org/dreambot/api/wrappers/interactive/Entity.html#interact() for the entity you want to click or interact with.

Edited by holic

Wait, are you even using dreambot's API properly? Because this shouldn't be happening, the bot, if set up properly, won't use your mouse. In fact as I'm writing this I have bots working for me in the background.