Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Noob Botter Questions

yolomate

Okay so I've been using Dreambot for quite some time now (1 month) and so far it's going great. I've created a account from scratch and botted all it's stats.

so I have some questions.

1. Is the client detectatable? I've been looking at other bot fourms and it says some clients are detectable.

2. How often do people get banned using scripts?

3. Will there be mirror clients? as my friend used OSbot mirrior client and he said it was really good.

4. Does the client have built in anti ban or are the scripters suppose to supply that?

5. Will there ever be a return to the golden age of botting? (pre eoc and oldschool release) it seems jagex has really stepped up their game

sorry if any of these questions seems obvious. like i said im fairly new at botting.

Okay so I've been using Dreambot for quite some time now (1 month) and so far it's going great. I've created a account from scratch and botted all it's stats.

1. Is the client detectatable? I've been looking at other bot fourms and it says some clients are detectable.

3. Will there be mirror clients? as my friend used OSbot mirrior client and he said it was really good.

4. Does the client have built in anti ban or are the scripters suppose to supply that?

5. Will there ever be a return to the golden age of botting? (pre eoc and oldschool release) it seems jagex has really stepped up their game

sorry if any of these questions seems obvious. like i said im fairly new at botting.

1. Every client is detectable. Just every client says they're undetectable. Dreambot is less detectable then other clients in my opinion.

2. Can't really answer this question since I can't talk for other people.

3. OSBot made mirror to grab more people to the client. Mirror basically does nothing.

4. From what I know the scripters are supposed to handle the anti-ban.

5. I don't think so.

1. Dectable? Yes. Detected? Probably not.

2. Varies on what you're doing.

3. We've looked into mirror, it's useless as far as we can tell. When we get more free time we may look into it again, since people really want it.

4. Scripters supply it.

5. Doubt it. :(

1. Scripts are more detectable than client.

2. Depends on scripts, could be hours, could be days could be weeks.

3. Last time i used OSBot 'mirror' aka streaming thingy it were so slow and laggy.

4. Only scripter can put good antiban.

5. Who knows, for me botting will end some day, but its not this day yet.

• 3 weeks later...

But what do you guys mean by every client is detectable? So if u login from dreambot jagex gets a notification that some1 logged in from a a botting client? If thats true then botting might aswell be extinct.

Neh, I don't think Jagex wants to extinct botters, they just want to reduce the amount of botters. Think about it: without botters picking up grapes for wine making, there will be a huge gap between supply and demand. They fixed this for flax botters by setting a drop rate of flax from zulrah to common, and so did they for pure essence, but some items can't just be dropped in 100(0)'s.

However, coming back to your original question: any client is detectable as long as the source code (API) is public. I can't tell for sure why.

But what do you guys mean by every client is detectable? So if u login from dreambot jagex gets a notification that some1 logged in from a a botting client? If thats true then botting might aswell be extinct.

No.

It means that there are thousands of ways to detect a botting client. Or that you're a botter, or a goldfarmer. Seems they don't use most of them, which is why most aren't detected.

Archived