Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Dealing with depression

Swaq

At the moment of writing this, as you can expect, I am not feeling very good about myself. I am sitting in chat, thinking "why am I in this chat right now?" "There are 5000 members on DreamBot, why am I the only one in the chat?" "is my life really that bad that I'm just actively sitting in an online chatroom with nothing do with my life?". I have never went to a doctor or whatever to discuss my frustration or depression or whatever you call it, nor have I ever shared it with my family or friends (eh, I have like 1 irl and he is only my gym buddy). Many may be able to relate to my situation, I sit in my basement from night to day and from day to night; wake up > computer > sleep (this is literally all my life). I have never had a job, college life is completely not for me, even though I am doing okay, I am not happy with anything I do ever. The only thing I have in my life is going to the gym, not to get healthy or fit, but to just get out of this cancerous cycle and feel good about myself when I lift more than others.

Sorry to hear that

I can try giving you some advise, try to get a part time job as it'll be a short distraction for you and get your mind off whatever you're dealing with, also maybe try to stay in the gym longer since you find your peace of mind, college life isn't for everyone man but it'll do you good in the future, trust me. Just try to find hobbies you find amusing. If that really doesn't help maybe you should try seeking professional help and see where that leads!

Best of luck to you buddy

Just to add on what i posted, maybe you prioritize dreambot before your own life and that's the problem ( assuming this is true ). Put your life ahead of DB and i promise you'll feel better about yourself. Go out apply for jobs, save up for whatever goals you have in mind.

The only thing you can do in this regard to truly fix your problems is to change how you think. Sure, the gym is great for feeling better about yourself physically, but the high from that is shortlived. 

Look into behavioral cognitive therapy. I'm not saying that you should go to a therapist and ask them about it, but just look it up and see what it is. It's helped a lot of people I know and myself personally.

It's called life. Everyone's such a bitch nowadays at the first inclination someone shows of being depressed society suddenly rushes them into a psychologist's office to help them with their "problem". If you grow up without the thought of suicide every once and awhile you're not a human being.

No, this isn't a sarcastic post.

Hi mate. Sorry to hear that. 

I used to go through your situation when I was younger. It's not healthy to stay in the computer all day browsing forums (As hard as it might sound). Try engaging your self into a new activity where you can meet new people (for example... Learning a new language irl?... Taking baking courses?... A new sport?), your options are a lot, now it's up to you whether you want to stay in the computer all day, or go outside and beat that depression.

It's called life. Everyone's such a bitch nowadays at the first inclination someone shows of being depressed society suddenly rushes them into a psychologist's office to help them with their "problem". If you grow up without the thought of suicide every once and awhile you're not a human being.

No, this isn't a sarcastic post.

Swizz I have to disagree, the thought of ending my own life has never been and never will be a option. Now that is not to say I don't think about death; because I do all the time, and it fascinates the fuck out of me.

Before ending my life, I would will literally go live in the fucking mountains solo, living off nothing but berries and sticks trying to survive; if I don't at least ,I did everything I could do to live.

Humans have evolved socially to the point where our social status determines how we feel about ourselves, which is a recipe for disaster in my opinion. I see it we have one life, no one knows what is really "right" or "wrong", and no matter what is after this life enjoy the time you have left in it because it is a very high chance you won't be coming back.

Note:

I'm also weird as fuck, and my contribute to my personal situation.

Also I notice people saying go outside, go to the gym, go try something new. But honestly do whatever you think sounds fun, even if it's just sitting in the dark watching old movies, everyone is different. You know what makes you happy, and what makes you sad, so use that to your advantage. Do what you think will make you happy, and ignore what others say because I really want to emphasize no one knows what is right or wrong, so technically your always right in the way you choose to live your life.

Archived