Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Val's farewell.

Val

So, I look at my life and It disgusts me it makes me feel pathetic.

I understand that as a kid you're not suppose to know what to do with your life, but I do know what I'm doing right now, and I want to change it.

I'm uninstalling every game on my computer so when I wake up tomorrow it'll be a new me. 

Yes I'll still watch anime, but I problaly won't pick up video games until I feel the addiction for it is gone and I don't have that drive to go on every day.

I wanted to let DB know 'cause rather Nezz and Swaq hated me or not, it was still a nice community and a place to blow of get rid of some things and I couldn't just leave without saying goodbye.

I'm quitting because I don't do anything, like it's the simple stuff that I miss out on that really I know means a lot more now. Like going out to dinner with your family, walking the dog, checking up on your friends, keep active in your family life and well I'm doing none of that because I'm in a game, and it really hurts now that I know what i'm missing out on.

So thank you Dreambot for making my life a little better and I hope DB keeps growing and can be one of OSRS top leading bots.

Good luck guys and thank you.

-Val

Val this is awesome. Really proud of you. The key to all of this is balance. Gaming and these different communities are great, but not at the expense of the rest of your life. It's good for you to realize that, and I wish you the best of luck. Hopefully we still see you drop in every once and a while :)

Just use gaming as a secondary hobby. As of recent I have been doing way more real life things and I feel so much better, but their is also that hour or two downtime you have where you could watch tv or game a little. I will miss you man.

So, I look at my life and It disgusts me it makes me feel pathetic.

I understand that as a kid you're not suppose to know what to do with your life, but I do know what I'm doing right now, and I want to change it.

I'm uninstalling every game on my computer so when I wake up tomorrow it'll be a new me. 

Yes I'll still watch anime, but I problaly won't pick up video games until I feel the addiction for it is gone and I don't have that drive to go on every day.

I wanted to let DB know 'cause rather Nezz and Swaq hated me or not, it was still a nice community and a place to blow of get rid of some things and I couldn't just leave without saying goodbye.

I'm quitting because I don't do anything, like it's the simple stuff that I miss out on that really I know means a lot more now. Like going out to dinner with your family, walking the dog, checking up on your friends, keep active in your family life and well I'm doing none of that because I'm in a game, and it really hurts now that I know what i'm missing out on.

So thank you Dreambot for making my life a little better and I hope DB keeps growing and can be one of OSRS top leading bots.

Good luck guys and thank you.

-Val

Don't stop doing the things you love. Sure, we all need to pick up and organize our lives, but completely cutting out your hobbies is not the way to go. The best way is to cut the amount of time down and find something else to do which is needed. Video games should be something to do when there's nothing else to do or play them with friends who also do other things with you besides video games.

When I played RS in highschool, it took over my life. I lost many friends and missed out on a bunch of opportunities because I felt it was my safe place. I look back on that now and realize I shouldn't have spent SO much time on it, but I'm also glad that I did get to experience it. Without this game, I would be no where near where I am today. 100%. This game influenced my market skills, introduced me to programming and most importantly, taught me to think outside the box and figure things out. I use this skill every day as an engineer and I am extremely thankful of that.

tl;dr

Don't ditch it, as you'll feel the regret. Cut your playing time some and watch your life improve.

-Chris

Archived