Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • DreamBot Deprecated Removals on 10/31/22 [ACTION REQUIRED]

Pandemic

Hello everyone,

As we've stated in the previous post, we're planning on the release of our new walker to coincide with a large removal of deprecated classes, methods, and fields from across our API.

Today we're setting the planned date of this release to be October 31, 2022. Any and all scripts currently using these deprecated methods will not work after this release. Scripters should make sure all deprecated uses are replaced by this date, I believe most things being removed have a replacement.

You can find everything that's being removed on our Javadocs, along with helpful information about what to replace it with. Most IDE's can also point out any uses of deprecated methods/classes.

Thanks,

The Dream Team

• Nuclear Nezz featured and pinned this topic
    • 2 weeks later...

Did something happend to Widgets and WidgetChilds? my custom scripts all give me nullpointers even when nullchecking (they used to work all perfectly).

Exception has occurred while running! Please report error to developer if problem persists
    java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke "org.dreambot.api.methods.widget.Widget.getChild(int)" because the return value of "org.dreambot.api.methods.widget.Widgets.getWidget(int)" is null.

On 10/15/2022 at 6:30 AM, Arkain said:

Did something happend to Widgets and WidgetChilds? my custom scripts all give me nullpointers even when nullchecking (they used to work all perfectly).

Exception has occurred while running! Please report error to developer if problem persists
    java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke "org.dreambot.api.methods.widget.Widget.getChild(int)" because the return value of "org.dreambot.api.methods.widget.Widgets.getWidget(int)" is null.

Widget IDs do change from time to time, could be that

On 10/15/2022 at 11:30 PM, Arkain said:

Cannot invoke "org.dreambot.api.methods.widget.Widget.getChild(int)" because the return value of "org.dreambot.api.methods.widget.Widgets.getWidget(int)" is null.

On 10/15/2022 at 11:30 PM, Arkain said:

my custom scripts all give me nullpointers even when nullchecking

Sir you are not null checking.

• Pandemic unfeatured and unpinned this topic