Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Dreambot client detectable

fluffydodo

Hey all, 

Just wondering if many people have been getting this issue lately? I downloaded and used Dreambot for less than a 48 hour period (not botting the whole time obviously - maybe 4 - 5 hours per day) and this morning I received a 14-day "Unauthorised Client Minor (ban)" ban. 

It sounds like the Dreambot client itself is able to be detected by Jagex? I even went as far to spend extra on the "covert mode" which didn't seem to have any effect seeing as I was banned so quickly.

Again just asking if anyone else has experienced this recently?

Screenshot_20220817-125316_Chrome.jpg

I haven't personally found any of my accounts banned with that reason using 100% dreambot. I would make sure you've actually deleted all OpenOSRS / Runelite 3rd party plugins / clients before trying again :P On the other hand I have found that creating accounts on dreambot may end up banned within a few hours even if tut was done manually, if there are more than a few accs created at once or the creation IP is a proxy /datacenter IP. Those bans are perm not temp for 3rd party clients :P

Unlikely that you got banned because the client is detected. You got banned because you were botting and Jagex simply found out like they always have done. They now seem to send "Unauthorised Client Minor" bans to botters as well (mixed in with macroing bans). I'd guess they do this to make you think it's detected since if you bot you are not using an authorized client anyway.

I've also not really been seeing issues on my end, but I'm not creating/botting a ton of accounts by any means. I've got one or two going just to keep an eye on bans, see if any client changes I make cause fast bans, stuff like that.

I do think new accounts are super suspect, they always have been and I think with their 3rd party client announcement they're just tossing a wider net on new accounts, sometimes throwing the 3pc ban type on it, likely as a scare tactic. "You've been banned for using illegal software" is scarier to read than "You've been banned for macroing" and if they suspect you of macroing, they're definitely fine with throwing a 3pc ban at you.

Thanks for the replies, comforting to know it shouldn't be that the client was simply detected.

I've been thinking on this more and I think I might know why I was detected botting. I was using a premium prayer script with active consuming on the gilded altar and it was simply inhuman speeds and accuracy with right-click and using on the altar. I found the mouse speed option in the client today so if I use the same script in the future I'll either go passive training or lower the mouse speed setting. 

Edited by fluffydodo
    Typo