Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Two accounts banned for macroing at the same time on different proxies

onlyIke

I had two relatively new accounts running ccCannoballers on two separate proxies and they were just banned at the exact same time. I'm hearing rumours about the new update possibly being able to detect the dreambot client? I'm wondering how likely that is at this point.

I was being very careful and ccCannoballers is a paid script that seems reputable. I was only running them for 4 hours a day total two hours at a time. Even with a free script I am very surprised and quite discouraged both accounts were banned so soon. Am I wrong that this would be unusual?

I also seem to be noticing less bots around since the update in general. Is it possible Jagex gave the update a buffer for a few days and are gradually starting to roll out mass bans? Doesn't seem very likely to me that two bots on different proxies would be banned literally within the same 2 hour window as I have been watching them closely lately.

Anyone else noticing an increase in bans?

Edited by onlyIke

I have noticed a massive increase in bans. I have just had my main account along with another account I was running in parallel banned.

I set up 2 more accounts, one banned within 30 minutes and one still going now. 

Seems as though they've found a way to detect bots better?

***EDIT*** a few moments later - my second newly created account was banned!!

Edited by Karson3270

2 hours ago, Karson3270 said:

***EDIT*** a few moments later - my second newly created account was banned!!

Sounds like you are just having shit tutorial island luck or shit proxies.  Jagex for a long time has been able to catch accounts right off tutorial island fairly well.  Look into another tutorial island script, better proxies, and account resting to help increase account life expectancy when it comes to fresh accounts.  This issue has nothing to do with the client.

12 hours ago, onlyIke said:

I had two relatively new accounts running ccCannoballers on two separate proxies and they were just banned at the exact same time. I'm hearing rumours about the new update possibly being able to detect the dreambot client? I'm wondering how likely that is at this point.

1) I am going to need you to define new here.  Fresh off tutorial island? freshly purchased?

2) resi or dedi proxies?  Proxies from the same region the accounts were created or purchased from?

3) 3pc bans are not the same as macro'ing / botting / rwt bans.  No one is reporting 3pc bans in a manner that would provide even an ounce of doubt that the client is detected.

12 hours ago, onlyIke said:

I was being very careful and ccCannoballers is a paid script that seems reputable. I was only running them for 4 hours a day total two hours at a time. Even with a free script I am very surprised and quite discouraged both accounts were banned so soon. Am I wrong that this would be unusual?

Botting is a lot of trail and error, any of the above could affect your accounts lifetime but also if you get banned doing X for X periods of time, change it up, don't do the same thing that just got you banned.  Make adjustments until you dial in a schedule or configuration that works for you.  Passive income is cool but not easy and will require setup and research work, if you aren't willing to put that effort in might as well walk now.

The bans also could had just been extremely shit luck, a mod could of saw them and just nuked them.  Not much you or the clientcan do about that one.

1 hour ago, yeeter01 said:

Sounds like you are just having shit tutorial island luck or shit proxies.  Jagex for a long time has been able to catch accounts right off tutorial island fairly well.  Look into another tutorial island script, better proxies, and account resting to help increase account life expectancy when it comes to fresh accounts.  This issue has nothing to do with the client.

I don't use any Tut bots as I've been stung before by them so I manually run accounts through Tutorial Island.

I will look into proxies and account resting though for sure.

2 hours ago, yeeter01 said:

1) I am going to need you to define new here.  Fresh off tutorial island? freshly purchased?

2) resi or dedi proxies?  Proxies from the same region the accounts were created or purchased from?

3) 3pc bans are not the same as macro'ing / botting / rwt bans.  No one is reporting 3pc bans in a manner that would provide even an ounce of doubt that the client is detected.

Botting is a lot of trail and error, any of the above could affect your accounts lifetime but also if you get banned doing X for X periods of time, change it up, don't do the same thing that just got you banned.  Make adjustments until you dial in a schedule or configuration that works for you.  Passive income is cool but not easy and will require setup and research work, if you aren't willing to put that effort in might as well walk now.

The bans also could had just been extremely shit luck, a mod could of saw them and just nuked them.  Not much you or the clientcan do about that one.

I always do tutorial island manually and will even give the account a few hours of legitimate gameplay before starting up the scripts.

I'm glad detecting the client would be this unlikely. I'm thinking they were probably just both caught in the same wave of bans. Thank you for this insight!

11 hours ago, onlyIke said:

I always do tutorial island manually and will even give the account a few hours of legitimate gameplay before starting up the scripts.

I'm glad detecting the client would be this unlikely. I'm thinking they were probably just both caught in the same wave of bans. Thank you for this insight!

I recommend letting accounts rest for minimum 3 days prior to usage.