Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Discussion - How can you get banned from Alching?

lindsay123

Hey guys, 

Ive been doing alot of manual HAing just now and i got to thinking. How can you possibly get banned from scripting this if youre only doing it for a couple of hours a day with breaks and sleep times in those hours? 

6 hours ago, lindsay123 said:

Hey guys, 

Ive been doing alot of manual HAing just now and i got to thinking. How can you possibly get banned from scripting this if youre only doing it for a couple of hours a day with breaks and sleep times in those hours? 

I have about a dozen accounts that have the magic lvl to high alch, from my experience that is a highly moderated activity by Jagex so you better expect bans and if you use a script it better be very very well made to mirror a human and even then you better mule off it often to reduce risk.

On 7/2/2022 at 2:44 AM, lindsay123 said:

Hey guys, 

The more click-intensive a repetitive task is, the most likelihood it will be caught and banned.

I've personally been doing a ton of experimentation for their bot detection system and just a cool finding that relates to "click-intensity" was the following:

Firstly, the more "unhuman" your skills are the most likely to be banned; meaning if you have all 1's and woodcutting is 90+ then it's most likely a bot.

Knowing this, I setup two brand new lv3 accounts and manually trained both to lv30 woodcutting. Left all other skills 1.

Now one account 's script chopped willows at a decent-good xp/hr (being very attention, clicking trees).

The other account's script chopped willows at a horrific xp/hr and AFKing like crazy each tree click.

The attention bot got banned at level 52. The horrifically un-attentive bot got banned at level 68.

10 hours ago, Bryno said:

The more click-intensive a repetitive task is, the most likelihood it will be caught and banned.

I've personally been doing a ton of experimentation for their bot detection system and just a cool finding that relates to "click-intensity" was the following:

Firstly, the more "unhuman" your skills are the most likely to be banned; meaning if you have all 1's and woodcutting is 90+ then it's most likely a bot.

Knowing this, I setup two brand new lv3 accounts and manually trained both to lv30 woodcutting. Left all other skills 1.

Now one account 's script chopped willows at a decent-good xp/hr (being very attention, clicking trees).

The other account's script chopped willows at a horrific xp/hr and AFKing like crazy each tree click.

The attention bot got banned at level 52. The horrifically un-attentive bot got banned at level 68.

Agree with this as a result of testing this on other f2p skills.

• 2 weeks later...

IMHO it seems pretty random sometimes... I've gotten 99 mage on 2 accounts stun-alching (casting stun on an npc wearing armor to splash, then quickly high alching 1-2 game ticks later, repeat) for hours and hours, any human would kill themselves after 1 hour let alone 5-6 hours. Then I've also had accounts banned for doing afk activities such as cooking and fletching, where it's literally 1 or 2 clicks per minute... one afk activity I've never been banned for though is splashing, it just randomly opened a tab or enabled/disabled run every 5-10 minutes to make sure I didn't log out. Regular high alch, I've done with AHK, item placed in inventory right under spell and did 0 mouse movements, just clicked over and over for 8+ hours, no ban lol. I don't get it tbh, to me it just feels like luck of the draw for bans.