Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Highlevel, how is anti-ban functionality usually implemented?

beepert

I'm just now starting out learning dreambot scripting.

Curious if the anti ban im seeing in a lot of script titles is something that can be utilized from the dreambot libraries, or if it's some sort of overloaded/overriden implementations of dreambot control methods? I don't need specifics as I'm sure the best anti-ban logic is a secret :)

Thanks!

Edited by beepert

Generally speaking you will need to create your own anti-ban system.  It's all tinfoil hat levels of speculation and each scripter does it differently.  Write your script and change things / make it configurable as you go along.  Once you can establish a trendline for your bans make adjustments to various things that you think could influence the ban rate  (clicking in different patterns, adjusting mouse speed, writing your own mouse algo, taking a different path from A-B, doing things in a different order, include a random chance to make misclicks etc).  Adjust bit by bit and find stuff that makes the trendline go down.  Then eventually you can abstract that up and make a framework or utility class that can be used across all of your scripts.

It is just a ton of time, effort, Trail and error~ good luck!

34 minutes ago, yeeter01 said:

Generally speaking you will need to create your own anti-ban system.  It's all tinfoil hat levels of speculation and each scripter does it differently.  Write your script and change things / make it configurable as you go along.  Once you can establish a trendline for your bans make adjustments to various things that you think could influence the ban rate  (clicking in different patterns, adjusting mouse speed, writing your own mouse algo, taking a different path from A-B, doing things in a different order, include a random chance to make misclicks etc).  Adjust bit by bit and find stuff that makes the trendline go down.  Then eventually you can abstract that up and make a framework or utility class that can be used across all of your scripts.

Makes sense, thanks!

• 5 months later...
    On 6/6/2022 at 12:00 PM, yeeter01 said:

Thank you for your advice! I will definitely keep this in mind as I work on my scripts.

2 hours ago, Faunaspook said:

Thank you for your advice! I will definitely keep this in mind as I work on my scripts.

glad to hear!  best of luck!

basically you want the bot to play like a person. Some people say anti-ban doesnt matter but I think human emulation is the goal.

Not so much Anti-ban but human emulation.

Random misclicks, occasionally, rotating screen, checking friends list occasionally, human mouse, are all normal for humans. Fatige (getting tired and slowing over time) and random AFKs to simulate bathroom breaks (random AFKs of 1-5 minutes) are all important for maintaining an accounts longevity.

I'd say these are the most important human emulation features:

Human Mouse (WindMouse looks interesting)

Fatige (getting slower over time to simulate tiredness, and or having bots react at different times, so 10 bots play the game 10 different ways to prevent mass script profiling.

Random AFKs to simulate restroom breaks, simulate someone watching youtube and forgetting to play rs and accidentally logging out.

Avoiding Client-Detection

Good luck.