Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Web walking - failing to walk between two web nodes near Edgeville (254 -> 726 -> 723)

BeepBoopBop

Hey everyone,

When in northern Edgeville, web walking fails to walk to the Dwarven mine dungeon. It just sits at the border, with Walking.walk(t) returning false.

Edit: I think this is happening because the series of nodes along the path aren't walkable.
    image.png.f95603434e702df83099baa5c4eb21e2.png

Gonna keep trying to override the default web to see if I can get a problem identified.

Edit edit: I've modified the web path so each tile is walkable. This didn't resolve the issue. Going to see if we use a different path generator for low distances.

Alright, now I'm stumped. Both local path generators can find a full, valid path between the two web nodes that I'm struggling to walk between.

Hopefully final edit: I was able to "solve" the issue by removing web nodes 721 and 719. These nodes are in the Wildy, so I'm not sure why they were impacting the path from Edgeville->Monestary, but it seems to work now.

• BeepBoopBop changed the title to Web walking - failing to walk between two web nodes near Edgeville (254 -> 726 -> 723)

Just add a connection between the last node on the "surface" at the entrance of the mine and one within the entrance to the mine. It's failing because dungeons aren't underground on the map, they're really far away on the surface level. So unless the developers have already added a connection between those nodes, it won't know how to get from tile 30XX, 35XX to tile 30XX, 98XX.

Take a look at https://explv.github.io/  for an idea of how OSRS lays out their map.

Also check out Neffarion's or Hashtag's methods of handling this for an idea of how to connect nodes:

Archived