Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks this...

oceanfire752

I don't believe that is true, Jagex are typically quick to ban bots. Although the bot statistics help them out on paper I don't think they like having their in game economy ruined just for the sake of some money in the company's pocket. Also Jagex doesn't view rsgp as a currency and will ban you for RWT more so now than ever. 

1 hour ago, oceanfire752 said:

Answer me this then, why not simply make a phone number or email verification ?

Jagex does a lot of small brain things, this is definitely one of them.  Email verification would remove a lot of small bot farms but the bigger guys would still find a way.

Phone number would be egh because some people (me) have 20+ legit accounts they use, I wouldn't want all of those tied to a single number.

On 2/11/2022 at 5:00 PM, oceanfire752 said:

Answer me this then, why not simply make a phone number or email verification ?

You do realize that there are tons of email services we can automate to bypass this? It's just an inconvenience if they add this, also it would disrupt new prospecting players, so the cost to benefit for jagex isn't much regarding email verification and phone numbers..

On 2/11/2022 at 12:11 AM, oceanfire752 said:

So, Jagex could easily stop all botting in OSRS but they don't.

I believe they want to keep bots around to boost their player numbers and I'm sure they profit off bots indirectly.

This is partly true in terms of bots do contribute massively to the ingame economy, check out RS3, Acadia logs cost 5million gp on the ge when you can just go and chop a few trees with a requirement of 40 woodcutting.

Though at the same time, client developers and botters are getting more smarter by the day, and jagex employees are getting paid less by the day.

I can confirm that Jagex loves bots; I get love letters from the anti-cheating team at least twice a week. 
    I haven't gone a week in years without the sweet uwu melancholy from the Jagex team. 

On 2/13/2022 at 4:45 AM, Koschei said:

I can confirm that Jagex loves bots; I get love letters from the anti-cheating team at least twice a week. 
    I haven't gone a week in years without the sweet uwu melancholy from the Jagex team. 

idk why but i domt belive u lol

• 2 weeks later...
    On 2/12/2022 at 9:45 PM, Koschei said:

Exactly me too, I don't know why people think they hate bots.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived