Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Dozens dead at Tunisia beach - IS attack

Fran

In Tunisia, a gunman who had hidden an assault rifle in an umbrella killed at least 38 people, most of them British tourists, at a seaside resort. IS claimed responsibility for this attack.

This hit to the tourism of Tunisia is obviously to slow down the economics of the country. Thousands are being flown back home and all holidays for the coming weeks are being transferred elsewhere. This came after grief surrounding the massacre of mostly foreign tourists at a museum in Tunis in March which saw 22 people dead. The gunman started to shoot on the beach, before heading to a hotel pool area and lobby. The police took around 30 minutes to respond after the initial shooting. 

This is one reason why tolerance and respect is such a big deal in today's society. We will be experiencing these kind of problems until we learn to live together and put aside our differences & ideologies.

How should such things be responded to? What do these people expect to gain from killing?

I would assume they expect to gain power and fear from any attack they do. I have no idea the best route of responding to situations like this though. They do it for their beliefs, and it doesn't seem they'll change their mindset anytime soon.

The expect to gain fear and followers which is what's happening, we see law enforcement getting briefed with how to deal with terrorism, we see young adults, teens fleeing from their origin to go and help these groups, we see the headlines filled with this. 

As for responding to this, you make more advancements in the counter terrorism field.

This was straight up a terrorist attack. ISIS believes killing anyone with a different belief system brings glory to "allah". Ultimately what they want is complete and utter destruction of all who oppose them. It's a religious war that dates all the way back to the Bible. It's a never-ending battle.

IS is doing the exact same thing terrorists & insane leader have been doing for centuries. Carrying out genocide & torture in the name of religion, bending its pages to there needs. Then preaching it as law. Its disgusting. I myself am not religious and this kind of thing makes me happy im not. If you look back over our entire history. Religion has either caused or been the reason for 75% of wars. What happened this week is aweful and its been particularly close to home for myself as my mrs's parents were due to fly out to Tunisia today but after speaking to them they are now going to somewhere else instead. Feel so bad for the families to. Ive seen on Facebook, people posting on the holidays providers pages wanting to come home as soon as possible and that they have had no information and are scared. Horrible.

This was straight up a terrorist attack. ISIS believes killing anyone with a different belief system brings glory to "allah". Ultimately what they want is complete and utter destruction of all who oppose them. It's a religious war that dates all the way back to the Bible. It's a never-ending battle.

I mean genocide COULD end it. The US would never do it however.

I shit you not, my dads cousin was on the beach. Luckily him and his wife got out safe but many people were killed right in front of them.

Archived