Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Help w/ 3x monitor.... R9 280X

Zeimten

So I've had my build for about 7months ish and for some awful reason I can not figure this out

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150678

I have a R9 280X 3GB

It has 2 dvi-d
    1 hdmi
    2 mini display ports

I've hooked up my 2 AOC 27" monitors to the 2 dvi-d ones, they work fine. Then when I go to plug in either the 1 hdmi or 1 mini display port to my 23" Acer or 23" Asus I can never get the triple monitor setup. I can disable another 27" and get them to work but nothing I do will get it to work!

I'm willing to pay 5$+ if you can successfully get it to work.

Is it because ALL monitors need to be matching?
    Is it because my gpu is underpowered?

I can't figure it out

To use more than 2 monitors with that card you HAVE to use the display port (mini in your case).

You can buy a mini-DP to hdmi adapter and you'll have all three running just fine :)

To use more than 2 monitors with that card you HAVE to use the display port (mini in your case).

You can buy a mini-DP to hdmi adapter and you'll have all three running just fine :)

I've tried that, set up mini to hdmi but it doesn't work fine....

I believe it's because you have 1 monitor that is a different resolution. I went onto Tomshardware and found this post

card: HIS R9 270X IceQx2
    monitor1: LG TV Scarlet 32" 1920x1080
    connected: miniDP-HDMI pasive cable
    monitor2: HP w2207 22" 1680x1050
    connected: DVI cable with DVI-HDMI pasive adapter
    monitor3: Asus VE276 1920x1080
    connected: miniDP-HDMI active adapter - HDMI cable

I'm not sure if it will help, but it's worth a shot. 

I'll keep hunting for an answer. 

I believe it's because you have 1 monitor that is a different resolution. I went onto Tomshardware and found this post

card: HIS R9 270X IceQx2

monitor1: LG TV Scarlet 32" 1920x1080

connected: miniDP-HDMI pasive cable

monitor2: HP w2207 22" 1680x1050

connected: DVI cable with DVI-HDMI pasive adapter

monitor3: Asus VE276 1920x1080

connected: miniDP-HDMI active adapter - HDMI cable

I'm not sure if it will help, but it's worth a shot. 

I'll keep hunting for an answer. 

but theyre all 1080p

i had alot of issues getting my R9-270X to display through the HDMI port. It took me a good few days to get it to work. For me it was a HDMI Driver issue. I had to download the omega catalyst control center and install the drivers manually. Horrible issues, i wouldnt buy a R9 again.

i had alot of issues getting my R9-270X to display through the HDMI port. It took me a good few days to get it to work. For me it was a HDMI Driver issue. I had to download the omega catalyst control center and install the drivers manually. Horrible issues, i wouldnt buy a R9 again.

Yeh I have the catalyst control center.

I have another issue it keeps making that noise when u plug in a usb , the da da ding , anyway.. when i plug in 3 monitors a certain way i get that disconnected noise and plug in noise over and over

any reason to why? the only solution I saw was my psu

Archived