Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • the high ban rates must be due to the random event solver

_Jack

been banned quite alot recently even with minimal script use and even with the use of premium scripts. recently ive been finding 50%+ of my bans have been just after random event solvers.

today i started an account up and as i played the script a random popped up within seconds of dismissing the random the account was perm banned. client logs below, show how soon the script was started and how fast the account was banned. literally (seconds), client logs below.

2022-01-13 15:05:53 [INFO] Script set to running!
    2022-01-13 15:05:53 [WARN] SkillTracker may not have been started. See SkillTracker#start for more info.
    2022-01-13 15:06:28 [INFO] Starting random event solver Login Handler...
    2022-01-13 15:06:28 [INFO] Resetting information on login solver Login Handler
    2022-01-13 15:06:28 [INFO] Starting auto-login handler...
    2022-01-13 15:06:41 [WARN] High severity server response, stopping script! Response: DISABLED
    2022-01-13 15:06:41 [INFO] Stopped Mogy Woodcutter!
    2022-01-13 15:06:42 [INFO] Stopping script: Mogy Woodcutter
    2022-01-13 15:07:01 [INFO] Saving client settings...
    2022-01-13 15:07:01 [INFO] Client settings saved successfully!
    2022-01-13 15:07:01 [INFO] Successfully saved client settings!

this isnt a moan or anything i know the risks, i thought it may be something for you guys to look into just incase other users are seeing the same trends as me (50%+ of bans are within seconds/minuts os solving a random).

thanks for reading, thanks jack.

1 hour ago, SubCZ said:

You can disable random event handling in the dreambot settings

wouldnt be any point in botting then though would there mate, as this script would of lasted 5 seconds then logged, sometimes minutes sometimes hours.

im not saying this is the complete blame but its being happening regularly atleast 20+ accounts a week are being bannd within seconds/minutes of random events. i only bot small time compared to majority of the users too. so it wont just be me noticing this error. 

10 minutes ago, _Jack said:

wouldnt be any point in botting then though would there mate

Why not? The majority of botters don't deal with randoms, there's no reason you have to do anything and dismissing them just interrupts your script anyway

2 hours ago, _Jack said:

wouldnt be any point in botting then though would there mate, as this script would of lasted 5 seconds then logged, sometimes minutes sometimes hours.

im not saying this is the complete blame but its being happening regularly atleast 20+ accounts a week are being bannd within seconds/minutes of random events. i only bot small time compared to majority of the users too. so it wont just be me noticing this error. 

honestly you are botting during prime time, ofc you will be banned quick and disable the randoms it will help.

I always disabled the random event solver as I personally never interact with it when legitimately playing (aside from on my ironman, that troll + maze random OP). However, its highly unlikely this is the sole cause of a ban.Time played before botting, age of account, scripts used, ip used (vpn, proxy, etc), f2p vs p2p, all play a huge impact too. Theres never 1 thing that will necessarily cause a ban, nor is it actually possible to 100% blame 1 thing, as there are so many different factors. Botting is all trial and error, if you can't afford to lose the account, don't bot on it.

A suggestion for the random event handler would be to just talk to the Genie. I am sure most people manually playing just interact with the Genie. 

Archived