Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Dreambot getting stuck launching Script

PonyFeeder

Hi, 

Every now and then the client gets stuck trying to launch scripts. Not a problem when doing individually, I just close the client and try again. I'm starting to use quicklaunch now and it is becoming quite a large issue. Why does it fail to launch scripts after starting up? I have a 20 second wait between each command line for the batch file.

Any ideas? Any more info/clarification needed?

Sorry to hear that's been happening, what exactly is happening when it gets stuck? Does the client start? Does the game load successfully (ends up at the login screen)? Does the script actually start (should have the stop button or the name in the title bar)? Are you QuickStarting a local or SDN script?

Also, be sure to check the console/terminal/log file for any extra info about any errors we might be running into. I'll test it today a few times and see if I can replicate, but I'd really need more info before really knowing what's going wrong :)

Update: I've tested it quite extensively (about 100 starts) and ran into no issues with either loading the game, starting the script, or logging into the client.

18 hours ago, Pandemic said:

Sorry to hear that's been happening, what exactly is happening when it gets stuck? Does the client start? Does the game load successfully (ends up at the login screen)? Does the script actually start (should have the stop button or the name in the title bar)? Are you QuickStarting a local or SDN script?

Also, be sure to check the console/terminal/log file for any extra info about any errors we might be running into. I'll test it today a few times and see if I can replicate, but I'd really need more info before really knowing what's going wrong :)

Update: I've tested it quite extensively (about 100 starts) and ran into no issues with either loading the game, starting the script, or logging into the client.

For me it sometimes gets stuck on the loading screen that has the dreambot logo, or the client will start and the script will start (paint will show) but logs say 18:31:34: [SCRIPT] Sleeping ... We are not logged in/game is loading, but it will only happen to 1 of the clients when I quickstart 3 at a time

quickstart issue.png

21 minutes ago, Sandman said:

For me it sometimes gets stuck on the loading screen that has the dreambot logo, or the client will start and the script will start (paint will show) but logs say 18:31:34: [SCRIPT] Sleeping ... We are not logged in/game is loading, but it will only happen to 1 of the clients when I quickstart 3 at a time

quickstart issue.png

I have same issue
    But i go to C:\Users\Profile name\DreamBot
    and go inside Logs(Folder) and delete what  it can
    Then go to Botdata(folder)and then .cache and delete there what i can 
    Sometimes its helps and if not i repeat 

21 minutes ago, romanaka3 said:

I have same issue
    But i go to C:\Users\Profile name\DreamBot
    and go inside Logs(Folder) and delete what  it can
    Then go to Botdata(folder)and then .cache and delete there what i can 
    Sometimes its helps and if not i repeat 

Thanks man I'll try that :} 

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the late response, I got preoccupied with other things.

So, briefly, I have two problems with quicklaunch.

Firstly there seems to be an issue with the launcher being unable to launch a script - though I've since seen this outside of QL so not specifically a problem with it but seems more common with QL. At the bottom of the client it will say "Starting [script name here]..." and will stay like that indefinitely. No matter how long I wait they fail to launch.

Secondly there is a HUGE performance hit with quicklaunch. Currently I'm botting on my desktop and can run between 30 and 40 clients without issue if launching by hand. If I do a quicklaunch of multiple clients it bricks my PC and requires a hard restart. I have tried launching them with 60 timeout between each, with 180 timeout and launching 5 at a time, various other set ups for trying to allow the machine to catch up with the client launches. But what it comes down to is that each client, launched with QL instead of manually, is soaking up so much more processing power.

I can't understand that second point. The only difference is the cmd prompt being open.

Any ideas? I've got a rather large expansion coming in the near future and I would like to avoid manually launching if I can

On 1/22/2022 at 12:26 AM, PonyFeeder said:

Sorry for the late response, I got preoccupied with other things.

So, briefly, I have two problems with quicklaunch.

Firstly there seems to be an issue with the launcher being unable to launch a script - though I've since seen this outside of QL so not specifically a problem with it but seems more common with QL. At the bottom of the client it will say "Starting [script name here]..." and will stay like that indefinitely. No matter how long I wait they fail to launch.

Secondly there is a HUGE performance hit with quicklaunch. Currently I'm botting on my desktop and can run between 30 and 40 clients without issue if launching by hand. If I do a quicklaunch of multiple clients it bricks my PC and requires a hard restart. I have tried launching them with 60 timeout between each, with 180 timeout and launching 5 at a time, various other set ups for trying to allow the machine to catch up with the client launches. But what it comes down to is that each client, launched with QL instead of manually, is soaking up so much more processing power.

I can't understand that second point. The only difference is the cmd prompt being open.

Any ideas? I've got a rather large expansion coming in the near future and I would like to avoid manually launching if I can

I haven't experienced any issues starting scripts with or without QuickStart, however I have heard that issue from others. Any specific script that this happens to? Local or SDN?

I'm not sure what the performance difference could be, you might need to limit RAM on the QuickStart clients using the -Xmx VM arg, (-Xmx128M for 128MB as an example).

Hope that helps!

On 1/21/2022 at 7:26 PM, PonyFeeder said:

This happened with certain versions of java for me and not with others. I'm guessing your default java for *.jar extensions is different than the java in your environment variables. You can check by launching a client without quick start, checking the properties of the client in your task manager for the java path, and comparing it to a client launched with quick start. If it's different, updating your environment variables with the same java that your manually launched clients use should fix it.

Archived