Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Hide roof random event gets triggered every time I start the client even when roofs are turned off already

boomslap

Pretty much what the title says. By the time I click to start a script for the first time on a newly launched client, a random event to disable roofs will pop up which will first ENABLE roofs, then go back again and DISABLE them like it was originally. It's like the client doesn't detect that roofs are already disabled.

1 hour ago, Pandemic said:

Are you guys on the latest client build? It should show the version in the title bar. I remember this issue being fixed a couple months ago I think?

Unfortunately it's still doing it. I only call it if:

ClientSettings.roofsEnabled()

Which is returning true even when is already on disabled, so it opens up the settings, enables it, then disables it.

I'm on 3.10.9

22 hours ago, Pandemic said:

Are you guys on the latest client build? It should show the version in the title bar. I remember this issue being fixed a couple months ago I think?

I'm using the 3.10.9

23 hours ago, abuseedom3 said:

Same here, it disables it, close the setting interface, reopens the interface and enable hide roof.

21 hours ago, Axolotl said:

Unfortunately it's still doing it. I only call it if:

ClientSettings.roofsEnabled()

Which is returning true even when is already on disabled, so it opens up the settings, enables it, then disables it.

I'm on 3.10.9

57 minutes ago, boomslap said:

I'm using the 3.10.9

Alright thanks for the info, I'll see if I can replicate that today :)

11 hours ago, Pandemic said:

Alright thanks for the info, I'll see if I can replicate that today :)

One thing I would like to note is that while the options in game for the "Hide roofs" seems to be turned ON, the roofs in game are STILL visible. Which makes me think that the solver correctly detects that the roofs are visible and tries to turn them off by toggling the setting, but then it disables the setting (which was probably wrongly displayed as enabled) and since it sees it turned off it re-enables to actually hide the roofs.

There seems to be a mismatch when you open the client between the state of the setting and whether the roofs are actually visible or not. I hope this helps!

Archived