Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • DreamBot's QuickStart

Nuclear Nezz

• 2 months later...

Is there any chance of this being updated for multiple tabs in the future?

As nezz said in another post he is looking into to original reason it was not added and seeing if it is a possibility for db3.

• 5 months later...

Spotted Nezz mentioned a linux/mac variant of this mini tutorial so here it is:

An example of usage for this is:

java -jar C:\Users\Nezz\Dreambot\BotData\client.jar -proxy goldfarm1 -script "Pandemic's Fighter" -world 359 -username Nezz -password password1234 -account wc1 -params Cow

Replace "C:\Users\Nezz\Dreambot\BotData\client.jar" with the path to your client.jar

"But what about limiting RAM!"

You can add a RAM argument as well, -Xmx255M will limit the client to 255MB, or the equivalent of putting 255 in the field in our loader. You can change it to whatever number you want, as long as it's within your PC's capabilities.

So the full cmd would look like:

java -Xmx255M -jar C:\Users\Nezz\Dreambot\BotData\client.jar -proxy goldfarm1 -script "Pandemic's Fighter" -world 359 -username Nezz -password password1234 -account wc1 -params Cow

Those of you who needs the Red Hat / Fedora Linux location of your DreamBotLauncher.jar run this in the command line: 

find / -name "DreamBotLauncher.jar"

java -jar works exactly the same in Windows CLI as it does in Red Hat / Fedora Linux operating systems. Therefore you can run the exact same commands I quoted above from Nezz just using the full file path from the find command. E.G:

java -jar /home/08keelr/Desktop/DreamBotLauncher.jar -Xmx512M -proxy goldfarm1 -script "Pandemic's Fighter" -world 359 -username Nezz -password password1234 -account wc1 -params Cow

Hope this gives any final clarity to those of you using Red Hat / Fedora Linux flavours.. :P 

Thanks,

R.

• 1 month later...

Having a little problem hope someone can help me solve this.

I have:

@echo
    java -Xmx255M -jar C:\Users\Kirito\DreamBot\BotData\client.jar   -script "Script" -world 318 -username Kirito -password pass -account account
    pause

And get this everytime i launch:

thgregreg_1.png

Having a little problem hope someone can help me solve this.

I have:

@echo
    java -Xmx255M -jar C:\Users\Kirito\DreamBot\BotData\client.jar   -script "Script" -world 318 -username Kirito -password pass -account account
    pause

And get this everytime i launch:

thgregreg_1.png

Write the path to the client in quotes. If the path has spaces it breaks

java -Xmx255M -jar "C:\Users\...\Dreambot\BotData\client.jar" blabla

Edited by Neffarion

Write the path to the client in quotes. If the path has spaces it breaks

java -Xmx255M -jar "C:\Users\...\Dreambot\BotData\client.jar" blabla

Thank you this fixed my problem i don't know how i oversaw that it didn't have quotes on it

• 4 weeks later...

There's an issue with the QuickStart multiple bots in one client. When i specify Fish Lick for example it goes like this

-world 301 308 326 303 -script "Fish Lick" "Fish Lick" "Fish Lick" "Fish Lick" -params "Blah"

That didn't work because the scripts GUI still came up for the 2-4th tabs. then I tried:

-params ("Blah") ("Blah") ("Blah") ("Blah")

Still didn't work then:

-params \"Blah"\ \"Blah"\ \"Blah"\ \"Blah"\

And still didn't work.

This needs fixing so i can actually start using fish lick properly.

*this is a guide for windows, if anyone cares to write one for linux/mac it'd be really helpful. :)*

In the latest release of the Dreambot Client(as of now 2.0.8) we have added CMD arguments to our client.

What this means is that you can autostart scripts via command line.

The current args available are:

-proxy "Proxy nickname"
    -script "The Script Name Here"

-world 318 (or any other world number)

-username "Dreambot Forum Username"

-password "Dreambot Forum Password"

-account "Account nickname"

-version 1.0 (version of the script)

-fps 30 (set the FPS here)

-params "Any param" can go "in this area" (these will probably be generally script specific, and must be supported by the script)

-proxyHostArg 12.124.124.124 (host of a proxy)

-proxyPortArg 12345 (port of a proxy)

-proxyUserArg nezzisgr8 (username for proxy authentication)

-proxyPassArg password1234 (password for proxy authentication)

-accountUsernames [email protected] [email protected] [email protected] (any number of account usernames instead of nicknames)

-accountPasswords password1234 password1234 password1234 (any number of account passwords instead of nicknames)

There's also a -portable arg that @Notorious added a while ago, which makes the client use the current running location as the home directory.

An example of usage for this is:

java -jar C:\Users\Nezz\Dreambot\BotData\client.jar -proxy goldfarm1 -script "Pandemic's Fighter" -world 359 -username Nezz -password password1234 -account wc1 -params Cow

Replace "C:\Users\Nezz\Dreambot\BotData\client.jar" with the path to your client.jar

"But what about limiting RAM!"

You can add a RAM argument as well, -Xmx255M will limit the client to 255MB, or the equivalent of putting 255 in the field in our loader. You can change it to whatever number you want, as long as it's within your PC's capabilities.

So the full cmd would look like:

java -Xmx255M -jar C:\Users\Nezz\Dreambot\BotData\client.jar -proxy goldfarm1 -script "Pandemic's Fighter" -world 359 -username Nezz -password password1234 -account wc1 -params Cow

If you want to start multiple tabs, you just need to expand a little on a few parameters.

-account acc1 acc2 acc3

Just separate the account nicknames with a space, if your account nickname has a space in it it would look like

-account "acc 1" "acc 2" "acc 3"

-world 383 376 384

List the worlds you want each tab to start with.

-script script1 script2 script3

List each script you want each tab to start with.

As with the account nicknames, if the script has a space in its name just put quotes around it.

-version 1.0 1.1 1.2

List each version of each script you want (not necessary, if no version is listed it will just find the first instance of that script name)

-params (these "are the" params) (for multiple scripts)

List each set of params surrounded by ()'s, for a param that needs to use a space, surround that in quotes.

If you're running a single script you do not need the ()'s

The proxyhost/port/user/pass args are for if you don't want to add the proxy to your launcher and use a proxy nickname.

The accountUser/Pass is for when you don't want to add the account to your client before running quickstart. This will automatically add the accounts to your account manager, using the username as the nickname. The number of usernames and passwords given must be the same!

The DreamBot's QuickStartâ„¢ is a VIP and up feature.