Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Banned in self made script

theknig

So I've been working on my first script and creating a flipper bot. I've got the bot to finally work fine but the problem is I keep getting banned within 3~5 days of botting. I've reading around on tips on how to decrease the chances of getting banned and currently applied most of them except a few which I will mention why.

Things I applied:
    1- Multiple realistic breaks (Short, medium, long). Max botting 7 hours a day including breaks
    2- Using residential IP so its not flagged
    3- Creating realistic names instead of random
    4- Doing tutorial island myself and not playing in it for a few days
    Things I didn't apply:
    1- Using a proxy because I am using 2 accounts at a time at most and not RWT.
    2- Buying member code instead of giving bonds (I found this recently thinking about using it)
    3- Bot different things every day because I believe that having a fresh flipping account is normal while you do other stuff in your main account.

Details about the 2 accounts that got banned:
    First account:
    Fresh account and flipped with it without botting for a week or so. it was the account that I used while creating and testing my script banned in around 4 days. I thought it was because I was doing unusual things when testing my script and the breaks I used were unrealistic.

Second account:
    Fresh account and flipped with it for 3 days and got banned with realistic breaks and a working script.

Reasons I think might be the reason for the bans:
    1- I gave my botting account gold (around 10m) + bond which is unusual for a new account to get.
    2- I used bonds instead of membership codes
    3- There isn't long pauses between buying/selling each item
    4- The buyItem / sellItem doesn't have much antiban mechanics

I understand that the first reason is the biggest offender but I can't think of another way to give my alt money + on my first account I did the same thing with more money and he didn't get banned without botting so it can't be the sole reason.

I would appreciate any tips/insight in this issue.

Hey, glad your getting into scripting!

I've never personally been banned from bond, although it can link your main to the bot which is something to be cautious of.
    10m+ isn't unrealistic / a red flag itself as I gave my merchanting bot around the same.
    The pauses / antiban in the buy/sell item I suggest you making your own methods to do (what I personally did), and I haven't had an issue + it acts more realistic.

Having the bot do different activities rather than just stand and merch for that long will definitely give your bot a longer lifespan + decrease the chances of your merchanting script from being profiled.

Not 100% sure on this and proxies might help, but I've never used them and never had an issue.

IMO the reason you're getting banned is due to the behaviour of the script itself and no amounts of breaks will fix that. You'll need to code a bunch of sleeps and custom interactions to make it different / act more human. Sleeps should never be constant, always make it random, ie: sleep(500, 1500). Add idles where there could be longer sleeps, ie: 

if(rand.nextInt(Calculations.random(3, 20)) == 0)
    {
        if(rand.nextInt(Calculations.random(2, 10)) == 0)
            Mouse.moveMouseOutsideScreen();
        sleep(1000, 20000);
    }

Things like these will help make it more human like and give your bot a better chance of lasting longer, especially if you make your own custom buy / sell methods

Thanks for your reply, I already use a random sleeps in my code pretty much after every action (canceling offer, clicking back, buying item, etc) and it loops a random time of around 1 minute each time so its really not working nonstop and I do use the 

Mouse.moveMouseOutsideScreen();

code after every loop (once every a minute or two of doing stuff and afk for around a minute). My script sometimes doesn't do anything for many loops if there is nothing to undercut and all slots are filled so its not repetitive. I am not sure what other activities to make him do since he is supposed to be a flipping account nothing else. I also made the script wait a random amount of time if it logs out due to afking before relogging since relogging instantly is suspicious.

That all sounds pretty good, best suggestion to improve it is to remake the buy / sell methods with your own sleeps in it, also add ability to reuse last searched item if you're adjusting the price like a human player would. Anything that looks not humanlike id suggest remaking that method yourself, including in buy's where it types the entire item name before clicking it, you can improve that to only type say 60-80% of the characters and then wait for it to pop up / scroll for it like a player would / the odd type type the whole item name.

As for other activities, I totally get what you're saying, but at the same time, not many people will just stand at g.e and do nothing but merch 8 hours a day. I personally did this for months on my alt while I played my main, but usually not for periods longer than 1-2hrs a day, as its quite boring lol. So if you're wanting to to run 6-8hrs a day, maybe adding bank skills would be a nice touch (firemaking, crafting, alching, fletching, herblore) for an antiban. Just remember variety is key, if you wouldn't do it yourself, nor should a bot.

14 minutes ago, Axolotl said:

That all sounds pretty good, best suggestion to improve it is to remake the buy / sell methods with your own sleeps in it, also add ability to reuse last searched item if you're adjusting the price like a human player would. Anything that looks not humanlike id suggest remaking that method yourself, including in buy's where it types the entire item name before clicking it, you can improve that to only type say 60-80% of the characters and then wait for it to pop up / scroll for it like a player would / the odd type type the whole item name.

As for other activities, I totally get what you're saying, but at the same time, not many people will just stand at g.e and do nothing but merch 8 hours a day. I personally did this for months on my alt while I played my main, but usually not for periods longer than 1-2hrs a day, as its quite boring lol. So if you're wanting to to run 6-8hrs a day, maybe adding bank skills would be a nice touch (firemaking, crafting, alching, fletching, herblore) for an antiban. Just remember variety is key, if you wouldn't do it yourself, nor should a bot.

I am working on creating the buy and sell methods right now and adding another layer of random to sleep timers. thanks for the pointers like typing the whole name and reusing last searched item. One thing I really disliked about the sellitem default method was it types the amount instead of just clicking All button.

Do not use level 3s. Use 50/50/50 accounts; they can be purchased for abt $10/ea and will pay dividends on that investment. Also, you can be barely logged in at all if you're flipping. If you use level 3s, 7 hrs is a lot per day.

• 2 months later...

Archived