Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Any fellow ADHDers?

Defiled

Hi all,

Its been a while since ive written a topic on this forum. so what better topic to write about other than newly discovered shit that has happened in my life xD

a few days ago i received my psychiatrist's final verdict of the ADHD tests ive been doing the last couple of weeks and it turns out that i have whats called as Primary Inattenive Disorder pretty much ADD. 

Now all this came to me as a surprise really since im 23 years of age and i never suspected it before. well teachers would tell my parents about how i daydream a lot and my focus was all over the place in my childhood years.. but unfortunately due to the stigma over ADHD my parents never sent me to get evaulated.

Im currently an engineering student and a former medical student where i pretty much despised my life due to loss of interest which apparently is caused by this disorder. I lost 150k$ in medical school tuitions and a shit ton of time just because ignorant people like to label shit they dont have as an excuse to get high or w/e.

Now comes the medication part. my psychiatrist offered me to start on low dose Concerta (methylphenidate) , which im still debating... and im honestly scared of neuromeds since ive seen what neuroinhibitors did to my mom which has brain cancer. if any of you have personal experience with adhd meds please let me know your experience.

Hey Defiled,

I was diagnosed in January with ADHD (the combined type) and I'm 21 right now. You don't need to be afraid of the medication, if the medication makes you feel like shit then you're on the wrong medication (or wrong dosage) and you need to contact your medic. I will talk about Ritalin, because that's what my medic prescribed me and it worked for me. When I was having classes I would take Ritalin, would take about an hour to take effect and then the effects would last for about 4 hours, it really did help me with concentration.

Just make sure you read the fine print of the meds. Let me give you some examples:

• You're aren't supposed to drive & take Ritalin, you will hyperfocus on the lines and therefore not have enough awareness of what's going around you to drive safely.
    • You're aren't supposed to take Ritalin when you need to sleep, Ritalin can keep you awake for days and then when the effects end you will fall to the ground because you're so tired.
    • If your employer ever requests you to make a drug test, some meds, like Ritalin will give a positive signal. Ritalin is very close chemically to cocaine, so you can see why it can mess with the drugs tests.

I only have experience with Ritalin but I have friends that take adderal and others that take Concerta and they're all fine.

As a final note, meds won't magically fix all your ADD problems, you still need to work on them. If you have other mental disorders, like anxiety or depression, make sure you let your psychiatrist know, taking ADD meds and having severe anxiety is not a great combination, you will hyperfocus on the anxiety instead of what you have todo (talking from experience).

Hi @SmOkEwOw

Thank you for sharing your story and those wonderful tips :)

I think I'm going to go for the meds and give them a try, I need to put in some more research on each of the meds as I've heard some seriously concerning stuff on some of them and how they can affect you long term even after quitting.

Ritalin and Adderall belong to the same family and both of them have the best effects out of all the ADHD medications, so that's a plus but I think as my psychiatrist advised me, im gonna climb the ladder slowly, starting from methylphenidate and going up..

I do not have anxiety or depression disorders, although I do get anxious and depressed at times but I think it's normal and bound to happen to people like me who constantly fuck up their circadian rhythm. nevertheless I won't hide anything from psychiatrist.

Thank you again <3 

22 hours ago, Defiled said:

I do not have anxiety or depression disorders, although I do get anxious and depressed at times but I think it's normal and bound to happen to people like me who constantly fuck up their circadian rhythm.

10000000% normal and has been plaguing me for years due to insomnia.

18 hours ago, yeeter01 said:

10000000% normal and has been plaguing me for years due to insomnia.

Yeah... insomnia is a true villain. I can sleep better than a month ago tho, went to a nutritionist which has me on a special kind of diet to balance my vitamins and what not.. I also jog for an hour 3 hours before I sleep, that gets me tired.

• 2 weeks later...

nah i was diagnosed as kid and took ritalin for like one month but parents took me off cuz they didnt like how i was behaving at school now im 24 and gonna give it another shot, got a booking with psychiatrist but waiting list is long. never really thought much of it cuz i thought adhd was only when ur hyperactive but inattentive is also a thing i discovered recently by chance which caused me to reconsider.

Also, since ur suspiscious of neuroinhibitors, perhaps u can look it adderall (amphetamine) which is based on the naturally occuring ephedrine.

I've been diagnosed with ADHD as far as I can remember, I get interested in something for a few months at most, then move on, and maybe come back to it later after a new interest or two dies out. I had medication for my school days, maybe half of the time I was at school I forgot to take it, thankfully in middle school, the nurse called the class I was in so I could take it. For my school life it helped, but during sophomore or junior year of high school, I just stopped taking it, I couldn't really tell a difference anymore. Honestly I don't remember much about the meds and their effects, but I know it did help me during school during the early years. I hope you find a medication that works for you, good luck!

4 hours ago, dialectics said:

nah i was diagnosed as kid and took ritalin for like one month but parents took me off cuz they didnt like how i was behaving at school now im 24 and gonna give it another shot, got a booking with psychiatrist but waiting list is long. never really thought much of it cuz i thought adhd was only when ur hyperactive but inattentive is also a thing i discovered recently by chance which caused me to reconsider.

Also, since ur suspiscious of neuroinhibitors, perhaps u can look it adderall (amphetamine) which is based on the naturally occuring ephedrine.

That's good to hear that you're going for meds to improve your life, im happy for you.

Unfortunately I can't run away from Neuro-inhibitors as I have a co-morbid condition (Generalized Anxiety Disorder) which is treated with SSRIs and inhibitors which sucks, but im getting a whole lot better. and yeah.. hell no im not going for Adderall, don't really wanna risk Psychosis even though its a low chance (higher than the others tho).

1 hour ago, crazykid080 said:

I've been diagnosed with ADHD as far as I can remember, I get interested in something for a few months at most, then move on, and maybe come back to it later after a new interest or two dies out. I had medication for my school days, maybe half of the time I was at school I forgot to take it, thankfully in middle school, the nurse called the class I was in so I could take it. For my school life it helped, but during sophomore or junior year of high school, I just stopped taking it, I couldn't really tell a difference anymore. Honestly I don't remember much about the meds and their effects, but I know it did help me during school during the early years. I hope you find a medication that works for you, good luck!

From what you typed I assume that your ADHD symptoms has softened leading up to adulthood, which is good to hear.

Thank you!

• 1 month later...
    On 11/15/2021 at 10:44 PM, Defiled said:

Hi all,

Its been a while since ive written a topic on this forum. so what better topic to write about other than newly discovered shit that has happened in my life xD

a few days ago i received my psychiatrist's final verdict of the ADHD tests ive been doing the last couple of weeks and it turns out that i have whats called as Primary Inattenive Disorder pretty much ADD. 

Now all this came to me as a surprise really since im 23 years of age and i never suspected it before. well teachers would tell my parents about how i daydream a lot and my focus was all over the place in my childhood years.. but unfortunately due to the stigma over ADHD my parents never sent me to get evaulated.

Im currently an engineering student and a former medical student where i pretty much despised my life due to loss of interest which apparently is caused by this disorder. I lost 150k$ in medical school tuitions and a shit ton of time just because ignorant people like to label shit they dont have as an excuse to get high or w/e.

Now comes the medication part. my psychiatrist offered me to start on low dose Concerta (methylphenidate) , which im still debating... and im honestly scared of neuromeds since ive seen what neuroinhibitors did to my mom which has brain cancer. if any of you have personal experience with adhd meds please let me know your experience.

I got diagnosed with ADHD at 21 and have been trying different meds since. I do take daily SNRIs and Vyvanse+dexamfetamine tablets for the ADHD. I found the vyvanse a good option to begin with and changed dosage from there, I adjusted to it pretty quick and no longer get a mad stimmed out effect which is good. Best advice I was given was to try what meds the doctor offered, write a somewhat detailed report on your experience with them and present it to the doc, from there it's just a process of fine tuning :) 

Archived