Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Possible bug with Camera.mouseRotateToEntity method?

msemtex

Hi all,

I have noticed some odd behaviour with the Camera.mouseRotateToEntity() method - when this method is called repeatedly, the cursor in the client begins to track across the screen in a very bot like fashion.

The above issue did not happen previously and have since switched to using the Camera.keyboardRotateToEntity() method with better results.

@Pandemic I don't have a gif to hand, but previously the camera would track the entity (a player for example) without moving the cursor within the client. If the method is called now, the cursor moves up and down in a wave pattern going from right to left across the screen.

1 minute ago, msemtex said:

@Pandemic I don't have a gif to hand, but previously the camera would track the entity (a player for example) without moving the cursor within the client. If the method is called now, the cursor moves up and down in a wave pattern going from right to left across the screen.

I'm not sure how that's possible without using the keyboard, it would need to put the mouse on the canvas to start the mouse rotation. I'll go try with some players but with an NPC it was working as expected.

4 minutes ago, Pandemic said:

Even with players it appears to be working normally, one smooth mouse mouse movement, no waves or anything, so I'm not sure what's going on :(

Ah - definitely a bug in the code on my side then! The use case for that method is to track players that are a potential threat to the bot in the wilderness and while that happens, the bot is checking for any nearby loot. So the bug is potentially a conflict between scanning and acting on nearby ground items whilst trying to move the camera via the mouse if a player comes into view.

My current solution though is to use the keyboard camera rotation and that now works smoothly again.

Archived