Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • DreamBot & Linux [Tutorial]

Chapter

For anyone still having trouble:

Remove any version of java you may have installed:

sudo apt-get remove java*
    sudo apt-get remove openjdk*
    sudo apt-get remove jre*

Then install OpenJDK 8:

sudo apt-get install openjdk-8-jdk

Lastly make sure you allow the launcher to be executable

cd /path/to/launcher
    sudo chmod u+x DBLauncher.jar

• 2 months later...
    12 minutes ago, Gnar said:

has anyone got this to work on a raspberry pi?

Raspberry PI is too weak to handle botting, I'd suggest using the raspberry pi to create personal residential proxies

18 hours ago, Defiled said:

Raspberry PI is too weak to handle botting, I'd suggest using the raspberry pi to create personal residential proxies

what about a raspberry pi 4 they have double the CPU power then the 3 and other bot clients can use them... or at least one other bot client can

6 hours ago, Gnar said:

what about a raspberry pi 4 they have double the CPU power then the 3 and other bot clients can use them... or at least one other bot client can

True, they are now holding quad cores.. but aren't they fixed with 2GBs of ram or am I wrong?

I guess they can hold 1 - 2 bots, not sure though..

20 minutes ago, Defiled said:

True, they are now holding quad cores.. but aren't they fixed with 2GBs of ram or am I wrong?

tbh i just need it to run a script that will be running for a few hours, i dont want to run it on my main computer because its annoying to keep it up. if you can help out with that then that would be amazing

22 minutes ago, Defiled said:

oh also forgot to say, they can have up to 4gb of ram, but you really only need 1-2 because you can only run up to 2 bots

1 minute ago, Gnar said:

tbh i just need it to run a script that will be running for a few hours, i dont want to run it on my main computer because its annoying to keep it up. if you can help out with that then that would be amazing

Hi,

First install a VNC so you can connect to it via your main pc: https://help.realvnc.com/hc/en-us/articles/360002249917-VNC-Connect-and-Raspberry-Pi

Then when you have logged onto the VNC, install Java 8 by using the Oracle website.

Then download DreamBot and go nuts :D 

1 minute ago, Defiled said:

Hi,

First install a VNC so you can connect to it via your main pc: https://help.realvnc.com/hc/en-us/articles/360002249917-VNC-Connect-and-Raspberry-Pi

Then when you have logged onto the VNC, install Java 8 by using the Oracle website.

Then download DreamBot and go nuts :D 

i install jdk defaults normally because i have problems through the website

2 minutes ago, Gnar said:

i install jdk defaults normally because i have problems through the website

and i still cant do dreambot because it does not work properly, i have another bot client working but not dreambot