Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Need for Updated Version of Linux/& Debian 11 Launcher Installation & Java

snkbte

Hello there, 

I couldn't help but notice the tutorials for Debian are outdated or next to non-existent. I have been trying for the past few hours to install the proper Java version, since some versions are unsupported. I couldn't get the launcher downloaded as well. These tutorials seem to be targeted in favor of Ubuntu while Debian, father of Ubuntu  is crucial for many distros. It shall not be set aside. Thank you, will be looking closely for updated version of tutorial(s). Nothing  works for me.

57 minutes ago, Pandemic said:

Our Getting Started guide includes Debian by name for installing Java :) 

Will try it out tonight! 
    As for the launcher, once it’s downloaded. It appears as a .jar file whilst the guide says to run the launcher, it’s not viable for me. It’s a bundle of files inside.

4 hours ago, snkbte said:

Will try it out tonight! 
    As for the launcher, once it’s downloaded. It appears as a .jar file whilst the guide says to run the launcher, it’s not viable for me. It’s a bundle of files inside.

well speaking that a jar is just a bundle of files, makes sense xd

have you tried actually running the jar via java -jar path/to/jar ?

6 hours ago, snkbte said:

Will try it out tonight! 
    As for the launcher, once it’s downloaded. It appears as a .jar file whilst the guide says to run the launcher, it’s not viable for me. It’s a bundle of files inside  .

@snkbte   chmod -x launcher.jar , in unbuntu you can right click > properties > permissions > allow executing file as program idk if you can do that on deb

6 hours ago, Eclipseop said:

well speaking that a jar is just a bundle of files, makes sense xd

have you tried actually running the jar via java -jar path/to/jar ?

Yes, I did try with the following result:

java -jar path/to/jar
    Error: Unable to access jarfile path/to/jar

4 hours ago, camalCase said:

@snkbte   chmod -x launcher.jar , in unbuntu you can right click > properties > permissions > allow executing file as program idk if you can do that on deb

I did check in properties and the option: 'Is executable' is checked. Running the command gives me: chmod -x launcher.jar
    chmod: cannot access 'launcher.jar': No such file or directory

7 minutes ago, snkbte said:

Yes, I did try with the following result:

java -jar path/to/jar
    Error: Unable to access jarfile path/to/jar

'path/to/jar'' needs to be replaced with the file path to your launcher for me it would be java -jar '/home/camal/Desktop/DBLauncher.jar'

you can get the whole file path by dragging the jar into the terminal, at least in Ubuntu you can.

id suggest you check out https://tryhackme.com/module/linux-fundamentals

7 minutes ago, snkbte said:

I did check in properties and the option: 'Is executable' is checked. Running the command gives me: chmod -x launcher.jar
    chmod: cannot access 'launcher.jar': No such file or directory

normally its called DBLauncher.jar + your terminal needs to be in the dir containing your launcher see above

4 hours ago, camalCase said:

Gentleman, do  I need to have OSRS installed first to be able to install the bot client? 

If so, I can not figure out how to install it. That's the best I could find to no avail.

https://oldschool.runescape.wiki/w/Linux_game_installation_guide#Ubuntu_and_Debian

Archived