Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • DreamBot 3.7.7 fails to connect to game

vinceandvinny

Hello DreamBot team and members,

This is my first time posting; I hope I have placed this in the right category. My DreamBot was working fine for OSRS yesterday but now this morning when launching dreambot it signs me in to the client but when trying to connect to OSRS, it says "failed to connect to the game, retrying..." but fails every time. After a while it suggests it may be a firewall issue or a proxy. (See picture) I have not changed any firewall settings since it was working yesterday, and no proxys have been set. I have tried allowing dreambot through my firewall and then completely disabling the firewall+antivirus with no luck. OSRS gives me no issue signing in through their regular client/launcher.  Is it possible it is just down for the moment? 

Thank you all.

Capture1.JPG

I'm not seeing any downtime on our end in the past 24 hours, and the error says the connection issue was with the game itself, so I'm guessing either your network or theirs had a temporary issue, is it working for you now?

5 hours ago, Pandemic said:

I'm not seeing any downtime on our end in the past 24 hours, and the error says the connection issue was with the game itself, so I'm guessing either your network or theirs had a temporary issue, is it working for you now?

Hey Pandemic, by the time I got your response I arrived at work. When I get home tonight I will let you know. Thanks for the reply.

4 hours ago, vinceandvinny said:

Hey Pandemic, by the time I got your response I arrived at work. When I get home tonight I will let you know. Thanks for the reply.

Looks like it is still not working. Time for me to start looking into my network. Weird as nothing has changed. 

10 hours ago, Pandemic said:

So I figured it out.....this is dumb...but....by selecting a different default world # in game settings of dreambot, this let me in immediately. Very odd. Working now. Thank you! 

default world.JPG

15 hours ago, vinceandvinny said:

So I figured it out.....this is dumb...but....by selecting a different default world # in game settings of dreambot, this let me in immediately. Very odd. Working now. Thank you! 

default world.JPG

Glad to hear you figured that out :o I've added that to the warning popup so hopefully others can figure it out a bit quicker in the future, thanks for the info!

• 1 month later...

so i have this same issue on first launch, i checked firewalls both dont even see the client trying to connect (no allowed/denied message)
    but i also cant input a world number, theres just a blank, i can add proxies and enter dev mode and restart and get same message but no connect
    Edit: 3.8.7

• 2 weeks later...

Archived