Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Botting Is Dead, They Make More Off You Buying Their Scripts

CReckless

5 minutes ago, CReckless said:

For it to be rushed and sloppy and then unable to get simple updates on, yeah I'd say so.

What is sloppy? Unable to get updates? It's been a couple days, and I had totally forgotten as I also have other things to do, ask again. It's that simple.

I think the icing on the cake here is OP using an image taken from another botting client's forum (and their market) in an effort to assert that their practices exist within this forum. Your outlook on all of this seems very cynical and misinformed. Do not forget that you are only seeing this from a buyer's perspective and that you may not have all of the information required to make and defend judgements like these.

My thoughts on private scripts.

• They're extremely overpriced compared to public SDN scripts.
    • You're easily ignored by the scripter and very often the scripter faces no penalties for that.
    • They're not necessarily that private, who knows for how many other users the script has been sold to.
    • Has any private script ever had customer support for say +5 years?
    • The scripter should ask questions if there's even a slight chance of misunderstanding how the script should work. Otherwise a lot of time is wasted trying to change the already written code to do something else. And of course that'll cost more.
      For example, when I write private scripts, I always ask a lot of questions so that any future problems can be avoided:
      kuva.png
    • I hardly ever write private scripts. I always direct them to look at the SDN first.
    • I often find private scripts to be unethical. It all happens out of sight of other people, making it easy for the scripter to make false claims just so they can maximize profit.

What I think you should do instead is get a script from the SDN.

• Not all public SDN scripts are widely used by others. There might be completely fresh scripts just released with 0 users.
    • They're a lot cheaper than private scripts. For example, grinding those bones can be done with # Item Mixing and that's a $5 script.
    • They can easily be better than private scripts as they've been tested for longer time with different setup combinations.
    • The scripter faces penalties for ignoring customers' concerns, which encourages scripters to be willing to help you.
    • SDN scripts have refund policies.
    • Updates are free, altough the scripter is not required to implement customer suggested features.
    • Longer customer support. For example, I have scripts for which I've been providing customer support nearly daily for +5 years. And most my scripts have a single payment for lifetime access to it.
    • Occasionally SDN scripts are completely rewritten, making it a fresh script again.

2 hours ago, CReckless said:

It really comes down to the fact that it's more profitable for them to sell people scripts who think they're about to run the next big botfarm than it ever will be for them to farm gold themselves, because the ban rates are so insanely high right now. 

I can assure you that a ton of scripters make a lot more from botting than from selling scripts. Other scripters make more by selling scripts because they suck at botting.
    Botting isn't just following a set of rules to have success, else we'd all be swimming in mad cash. You're right about the latter though, ban rates are insanely high right now and that's due to prime season.

Oh and once your IP is flagged it's over, you can't bot on that IP again, doesn't matter the account. This is why these forums are so dead-- most people have already figured this out a long time ago and given up. 

I don't know where you get this info from, but I can tell you you're wrong. I've had hundreds, if not thousands, of bans on my home IP but I keep going. Meanwhile I'm also playing my main which doesn't get banned. It isn't purely IP based. A lot of people have indeed given up on botting, because nobody succeeds at first. It's the ones that persist and learn from the past that actually make money botting.

I paid almost $100 to a private scripter here from the site, Gastro, who subsequently made my script way faster than he said it would take prior to me paying (1 hour as opposed to 24), and then asked for more money to update it with a simple UI (this took him 5 mins) because it wasn't working as intended in it's current state. Script was rushed and very sloppy.

$100 for a private script, no matter what it is, is peanuts. Heck even a GE Ash Collector would probably cost you that much. You're not paying per line of code, you're paying for the time they spend on you and their past expertise. Since he delivered the script after an hour, it appears to be rushed to you. On the other hand, what took Gastro an hour, might take a beginner scripter several. 

Like others have said above, it seems like you didn't specify enough. This is the main issue when a client isn't happy with what they got.

I asked for one very minor thing to be changed to help speed the bot up immensely and scripter said he would add it then never responded again after that, I guess because I wasn't paying for a 3rd time to update the same script. They're friendly and helpful prior to you paying, afterwards they could care less, it's onto the next customer. 

Then you have people like this, who have realized even if they get one idiot to pay this price, it's covered half their rent for the month, and all they have to do is a few hours of work and a little copy pasting from previous scripts, and ta-da! Your private bot farm script is ready to go!

I'm not sure what image you have of scripters, but you seem to think they're from a poor country and this is their main source of income.
    Every scripter I've met so far, has a job, family and duties besides dreambot. Scripting is a hobby, we do it for fun. Getting something more out of it is just an extra. (that's my view at least)

20 minutes ago, Bonfire said:

I think the icing on the cake here is OP using an image taken from another botting client's forum (and their market) in an effort to assert that their practices exist within this forum. Your outlook on all of this seems very cynical and misinformed. Do not forget that you are only seeing this from a buyer's perspective and that you may not have all of the information required to make and defend judgements like these.

I think the icing on the cake was that this thread post was posted in a private discord where other scripters rushed to comment to the defense of another, in attempt to discredit and dissuade people from believing this post and continuing business. This post makes virtually no sense because I cropped the pic so it was just the message, not showing the site, and also because the scripter from that post is on this site as well and has already posted in this thread. Good try though.

Edited by CReckless

38 minutes ago, gastro said:

What is sloppy? Unable to get updates? It's been a couple days, and I had totally forgotten as I also have other things to do, ask again. It's that simple.

It's sloppy because it was full of misclicks and had no forethought to what it should be able to do, what the goal was of the script, what the customer wanted out of the script, or anything other than just providing the minimal effort. It repeatedly logged out, it would sometimes put too many materials in one item before alching, no questions as to what I wanted, literally nothing. It was just a race to move onto the next project.

Edited by CReckless

3 minutes ago, CReckless said:

I think the icing on the cake was that this thread post was posted in a private discord where other scripters rushed to comment to the defense of another, in attempt to discredit and dissuade people from believing this post and continuing business. This post makes virtually no sense because I cropped the pic so it was just the message, not showing the site, and also because the scripter from that post is on this site as well and has already posted in this thread. Good try though.

There's absolutely no need for anyone "rush to defense", you've said nothing that holds water. The replies in this thread are from my own (and I assume others' own) thoughts. Also, if you think that you're dissuading anyone, I think you are sorely mistaken.

"Good try though."

5 minutes ago, CReckless said:

The script used as an example from another site hasn't posted on this thread, also that site only allows the scripter to publish scripts on their site so it isn't difficult to pin down.

Also you seemed to have blocked/removed me on Discord, I'm unaware of how to send you an updated version now

otg4BCP.png

1 minute ago, CReckless said:

It's sloppy because it was full of misclicks and had no forethought to what it should be able to do, what the goal was of the script, what the customer wanted out of the script, or anything other than just providing the minimal effort. No questions as to what I wanted, literally nothing. It was just a race to move onto the next project.

I hope you know the interaction is handled by the client itself and not me.

The goal of the script was achieved, it does everything required, it's a very minor issue within the script, and it's actually caused by you now setting the prices too low for the buy offer to complete...

5 minutes ago, gastro said:

The script used as an example from another site hasn't posted on this thread, also that site only allows the scripter to publish scripts on their site so it isn't difficult to pin down.

Also you seemed to have blocked/removed me on Discord, I'm unaware of how to send you an updated version now

otg4BCP.png

I removed you, not blocked, because there was no point in continuing to be friends on discord. You messaged me saying my thread was pointless and I should have messaged you, I responded that you showed a lack of concern for me as a customer, and you just further disputed that and made excuses for what I should have done instead of what you should have. We didn't seem to be getting anywhere, nor did you ever say anything about resolving this, fixing the script, or anything of the sort until just now in your post. Just that I should have messaged you.

Edited by CReckless