Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Botting Is Dead, They Make More Off You Buying Their Scripts

CReckless

It's been over for awhile but they just string you along thinking you need to change your methods, 'it's bc you don't have VIP, or a private script', when in reality those things barely matter and do nothing to stop bans. I came up with my own ideas from the get-go, implemented my own antiban, had a private script made for my method, residential IP's, reasonable hours--you name it. They'll try and blame it on something you did wrong, something you could have done better, "gotta keep trying and find what works", that's all BS and they know it. It really comes down to the fact that it's more profitable for them to sell people scripts who think they're about to run the next big botfarm than it ever will be for them to farm gold themselves, because the ban rates are so insanely high right now. Oh and once your IP is flagged it's over, you can't bot on that IP again, doesn't matter the account. This is why these forums are so dead-- most people have already figured this out a long time ago and given up. 

I paid almost $100 to a private scripter here from the site, Gastro, who subsequently made my script way faster than he said it would take prior to me paying (1 hour as opposed to 24), and then asked for more money to update it with a simple UI (this took him 5 mins) because it wasn't working as intended in it's current state. Script was rushed and very sloppy. I asked for one very minor thing to be changed to help speed the bot up immensely and scripter said he would add it then never responded again after that, I guess because I wasn't paying for a 3rd time to update the same script. They're friendly and helpful prior to you paying, afterwards they could care less, it's onto the next customer. 

Then you have people like this, who have realized even if they get one idiot to pay this price, it's covered half their rent for the month, and all they have to do is a few hours of work and a little copy pasting from previous scripts, and ta-da! Your private bot farm script is ready to go! This was one hilarious response I received when inquiring about an extremely simple script to grind superior dragon bones. He said he wasn't interested in the project if it wasn't going to include the extras (the extra $370).

The only reason they contest these types of posts is to continue their business and keep you thinking you just need a newer script, a newer idea, or a better way to do what you're doing. This couldn't be further from the truth. 

pic1.png

Edited by CReckless

I totally understand what you are saying, but I do not think the scripters are here specifically to gouge alone.

Botting scripts / techniques appear similar to car mechanics. We don't know enough about the "car" (bot tracking and banning practices of Jagex) to make firm and definite statements about results and what to expect. Similar to how we don't know enough about how a timing belt works so we have a mechanic do it and have to "trust" them.

A lot of what is learned here is based on personal experience and testing. Tons of testing.

I also agree that the prices seem a bit high but if the end goal is RWT I imagine you can earn it back over time.

I would also agree ban rates are currently very high. This normally coincides with prime week.

Edited by Guevara

You requested a script with a low market volume. I also said the script will be delivered within 24 hours, not in 24 hours.

The script was working as intended, you wanted to be able to set the prices it bought at instead of using live prices, this wasn't discussed until after production of the script, obviously changes will cost  (if discussed this would have been included in the initial price), this is also the reason you needed an additional change as you're clearly setting the prices too low to fully complete the buy offer.

Many people goldfarm successfully, research the method more.

Finally, message me again if i haven't responded, i'm a busy person and will get back to you.

11 minutes ago, gastro said:

You requested a script with a low market volume. I also said the script will be delivered within 24 hours, not in 24 hours.

The script was working as intended, you wanted to be able to set the prices it bought at instead of using live prices, this wasn't discussed until after production of the script, obviously changes will cost  (if discussed this would have been included in the initial price), this is also the reason you needed an additional change as you're clearly setting the prices too low to fully complete the buy offer.

Many people goldfarm successfully, research the method more.

Finally, message me again if i haven't responded, i'm a busy person and will get back to you.

Script was purchasing at 25% over market value, which was completely random and you didn't even care to ask what I would want it at, and then wanted more money to take 5 minutes of your day to make the UI. Tell it like it is. You being a scripter and this being your business, should have been inclined to ask more questions to better understand what exactly your customer wanted--not how many scripts you can crank out in one session. I simply wanted the items to buy for just under med price, and you wanted 20% extra to add that in. It's so much more than even that, it's your lack of regard for your customers as a whole. I shouldn't have to be your manager and be ontop of you begging for you to update my script, when it's been days without hearing back about clicking a collect all button in the top right hand corner of the GE interface, there's a problem.

Edited by CReckless

I would suggest telling the scripter exactly what you want before they make a script. You asked for a product and they delivered. Not really the scripter's fault. You don't go to a car dealership and pick out a car and then after ask why it doesn't have Bluetooth and that you demand Bluetooth for free. 

In terms of botting, I think you are just doing bad methods. Not sure how grinding dragon bones would actually be profitable long term given you need to risk 10+M to buy them and the trade volume is relatively low. I would suggest finding better methods before flaming everyone else. There's a reason people still bot.

1 minute ago, CReckless said:

Script was purchasing at 25% over market value, which was completely random and you didn't even care to ask what I would want it at, and then wanted more money to take 5 minutes of your day to make the UI. Tell it like it is. I simply wanted the items to buy for just under med price, and you wanted 20% extra to add that in. It's so much more than even that, it's your lack of regard for your customers as a whole. I shouldn't have to be your manager and be ontop of you begging for you to update my script, when it's been days without hearing back about clicking a collect all button in the top right hand corner of the GE interface, there's a problem.

It's been barely two days iirc, people have lives outside of responding and dealing with script requests.

The general consensus is, if you want something a specific way, you specify it.

The built in DreamBot method must wait until the offer is complete, hence requiring me to change a couple things.

I personally wouldn't class sending a message asking for an update as begging but each to their own, but anyway as I've stated a simple remessage would've resolved the issue of me forgetting.

9 minutes ago, notafraid90 said:

I would suggest telling the scripter exactly what you want before they make a script. You asked for a product and they delivered. Not really the scripter's fault. You don't go to a car dealership and pick out a car and then after ask why it doesn't have Bluetooth and that you demand Bluetooth for free. 

In terms of botting, I think you are just doing bad methods. Not sure how grinding dragon bones would actually be profitable long term given you need to risk 10+M to buy them and the trade volume is relatively low. I would suggest finding better methods before flaming everyone else. There's a reason people still bot.

This was a terrible comparison. Bluetooth doesn't take 5 minutes to add, you're completely missing the "car dealership" saying they're gonna provide free support to you to help you with any problems for your car, and finally no, scripting isn't my business, customers don't know exactly how to specify exactly what they need, and regardless everything I was asking for was extremely minor and took no time at all. It was a night and day difference after receiving payment.

Lastly, this was never the method, only something I posted from awhile ago for purposes of showing price gouging to the extreme. You clearly don't get it.

Edited by CReckless

17 minutes ago, CReckless said:

Script was purchasing at 25% over market value, which was completely random and you didn't even care to ask what I would want it at, and then wanted more money to take 5 minutes of your day to make the UI. Tell it like it is. You being a scripter and this being your business, should have been inclined to ask more questions to better understand what exactly your customer wanted--not how many scripts you can crank out in one session. I simply wanted the items to buy for just under med price, and you wanted 20% extra to add that in. It's so much more than even that, it's your lack of regard for your customers as a whole. I shouldn't have to be your manager and be ontop of you begging for you to update my script, when it's been days without hearing back about clicking a collect all button in the top right hand corner of the GE interface, there's a problem.

A lot of the cost is factored in to the amount of time spent writing the framework, i wouldn't say $100 is a lot for a script by any means.

Edited by LostVirt

21 minutes ago, LostVirt said:

A lot of the cost is factored in to the amount of time spent writing the framework, i wouldn't say $100 is a lot for a script by any means.

For it to be rushed and sloppy and then unable to get simple updates on, yeah I'd say so.

Edited by CReckless

1 hour ago, CReckless said:

it's more profitable for them to sell people scripts who think they're about to run the next big botfarm than it ever will be for them to farm gold themselves, because the ban rates are so insanely high right now.

Varies per-script, but certainly a lot of experience is needed to get things running smoothly despite the hype.

Oh and once your IP is flagged it's over, you can't bot on that IP again, doesn't matter the account

Bans were elevated recently due to Primes. The IP thing only really matters for VPNs unless you have loads of bans.

All they have to do is a few hours of work and a little copy pasting from previous scripts, and ta-da! Your private bot farm script is ready to go!

In some cases yeah scripters have frameworks they pick bits from. Good scripters change things up each time to ensure anti-pattern remains robust. Large chunks of most scripts will come from pre-existing frameworks, and some will ofc be newly written.

Then you have people like this, who have realized even if they get one idiot to pay this price, it's covered half their rent for the month

Price comes from the aforementioned framework, the support period you'll presumably be getting, profit potential, and market rates. I cba to support so I don't offer pscripts myself.

The only reason they contest these types of posts is to continue their business and keep you thinking you just need a newer script, a newer idea, or a better way to do what you're doing. This couldn't be further from the truth. 

I agree, most of the time you'll be needing a better proxy, this trips up so many want-to-be farmers. But presumably there are a few such pscript sellers out there and you'd do well to avoid them.

41 minutes ago, CReckless said:

IMO having read everything fault is largely with buyer for not being specific enough from the outset, but ideally the writer should ask questions if/when there are ambiguities (although you shouldn't expect them to iron out all your ambiguities).

Edited by Aeglen