Frequently Asked Questions
  • Are you not able to open the client? Try following our getting started guide
  • Still not working? Try downloading and running JarFix
  • Help! My bot doesn't do anything! Enable fresh start in client settings and restart the client
  • How to purchase with PayPal/OSRS/Crypto gold? You can purchase vouchers from other users
  • Sub Quester - Advanced [118 Quests] [Diaries] [Gear Customization] [Advanced Antiban] [Human Mouse] [Quick Start/CLI] [Quest Queueing] [DB3]

SubCZ

Sub Quester V 2.1 Released:

• Improved gear selection
    • Lifetime version released
    • Fixed Tai Bwo Wannai Trio
    • Fixed Icthlarin's Little Helper
    • Fixed Ghosts Ahoy
    • Fixed transparency settings

I've had a host of problems while running this bot.

Start up: has a problem setting the scroll bar to the left for the chat box, it'll try a dozen times. Each quests buys items every time. After loading the list of required items, the botshould check the bank and see what items are missing, then it should only buy the missing items. My last problem is the gear it selects. I had obsidian in the bank, due to the fact that this was an NMZ bot. Instead, it chooses to buy and equip adamant armour and a dragon sword. It looks a little too bot like for a lvl 120+. 

Merlin's Crystal: frees Merlin, then tries finding Merlin again. After the crystal respawns, tries using excalibur on him multiple times. I just stopped the bot and finished myself. 

A Porcine of Interest: the "Being rescued step" is bugged. It'll read the note and start the cutscene, then click out a dozen times, which ends the cutscene and spawns at the beginning of the cave. Then the bot has no idea what to do. After pausing the bot, starting the cutscene, letting the cutscene play all the way through, the bot was fine.

Icthlarin's Little Helper: Tries skipping a whole section of the quest. When you're supposed to take the jar, it shows the status of "returning the jar". I took the jar myself and it didn't fight the NPC. After the NPC, I exited the room. Then you have to actually go return the jar, which the bot got confused. I went to the door, did the puzzle. Once in the room, the bot finally went to the spot and returned the jar. 

Tai Bwo Wannai Trio: Small issue with fishing the karambwanji. Every time there's karambwanji added to the inventory, it just clicks on the fishing spot again. This is just a little too repetitive for my liking. It doesn't complete the quest. It only makes sure that Tiadeche returns to the village and teleports to the GE.

This has the ability to be an amazing bot. As it stands now, it needs a decent amount of work though. 

Now for what this bot does amazingly.

Elemental Workshop: I tabbed out of Dreambot, tabbed back in literally 5 mins later and the quest was done. 

Merlin's Crystal: Everything (minus above issue) was completed excellently. No issues at all.

In hopes that Sub Quester will become the best questing bot on Dreambot, I will continue to provide whatever bugs I find while using this bot.

Edited by TrepidRex

13 minutes ago, TrepidRex said:

My last problem is the gear it selects. I had obsidian in the bank, due to the fact that this was an NMZ bot. Instead, it chooses to buy and equip adamant armour and a

Added obsidian gear as an option if you already have it in the bank. Will be included in the next release.

Start up: has a problem setting the scroll bar to the left for the chat box, it'll try a dozen times.

How long ago were you having this issue? This started happening after this week's OSRS update changed the UI and should have been fixed since. I just tried to replicate this on the current version and it changed the scroll bar position properly for me.

Each quests buys items every time. After loading the list of required items, the botshould check the bank and see what items are missing, then it should only buy the missing items.

It'll only buy items that are missing from your bank currently (that's why it always opens the bank before buying anything). That does mean that it will buy potions/jewelery if the ones in your bank do not have enough charges. For which quest and which items did this not happen?

Merlin's Crystal: frees Merlin, then tries finding Merlin again. After the crystal respawns, tries using excalibur on him multiple times. I just stopped the bot and finished myself. 

A Porcine of Interest: the "Being rescued step" is bugged. It'll read the note and start the cutscene, then click out a dozen times, which ends the cutscene and spawns at the beginning of the cave. Then the bot has no idea what to do. After pausing the bot, starting the cutscene, letting the cutscene play all the way through, the bot was fine.

I've ran some accounts through these quests and asked other users in my Discord, but both of these worked fine for me and others. This might be caused by latency spikes at inconvenient times? I made some changes that might make those quests better on unstable/slow internet connections.

Icthlarin's Little Helper: Tries skipping a whole section of the quest. When you're supposed to take the jar, it shows the status of "returning the jar". I took the jar myself and it didn't fight the NPC. After the NPC, I exited the room. Then you have to actually go return the jar, which the bot got confused. I went to the door, did the puzzle. Once in the room, the bot finally went to the spot and returned the jar. 

A fix to this quest was released in version 2.1 about 15 hours ago, did this happen before or after this fix?

2 hours ago, SubCZ said:
    3 hours ago, TrepidRex said:

Start up: has a problem setting the scroll bar to the left for the chat box, it'll try a dozen times.

How long ago were you having this issue? This started happening after this week's OSRS update changed the UI and should have been fixed since. I just tried to replicate this on the current version and it changed the scroll bar position properly for me.

Just happened a few hours ago.

2 hours ago, SubCZ said:

Each quests buys items every time. After loading the list of required items, the botshould check the bank and see what items are missing, then it should only buy the missing items.

It'll only buy items that are missing from your bank currently (that's why it always opens the bank before buying anything). That does mean that it will buy potions/jewelery if the ones in your bank do not have enough charges. For which quest and which items did this not happen?

Happened on several quests so far. I'll keep a better eye out. One that I specifically remember was Tai Bwo Wannai Trio. I wasn't going to be around to watch, so I stopped the bot after it bought all the items. When I restarted it later, it just bought all the items again.

2 hours ago, SubCZ said:

A fix to this quest was released in version 2.1 about 15 hours ago, did this happen before or after this fix?

This happened about 4ish hours ago as well. 

1 hour ago, TrepidRex said:

Just happened a few hours ago.

Happened on several quests so far. I'll keep a better eye out. One that I specifically remember was Tai Bwo Wannai Trio. I wasn't going to be around to watch, so I stopped the bot after it bought all the items. When I restarted it later, it just bought all the items again.

This happened about 4ish hours ago as well. 

Will take a look at Icthlarin's Helper again.

I'd suggest starting the client with fresh start if you aren't already, the banking and settings seem to be working for me and pretty much anyone I've talked to so far. Client/game updates tend to cause problems with the cache.

Sub Quester - Advanced Edition Lifetime has been updated and is now live on the SDN!

It's currently at v2.2 and is available in the client!

Thanks!

Sub Quester V 2.2 Released:

• Added more equipment options
    • Improved A Porcine of Interest
    • Fixed Underground Pass
    • Fixed widget checks

Sub Quester - Advanced Edition Lifetime has been updated and is now live on the SDN!

It's currently at v2.3 and is available in the client!

Thanks!